The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Commissary - Germantown TN

Crimsicle

• Total Posts: 11
Commissary - Germantown TN Fri, 06/27/08 6:19 PM (permalink)
I had lunch at the Commissary today and was really disappointed. I've eaten there before - maybe two years ago - and don't recall there being any issues with the food. But, today...a different story. The first sign should have been that at least half the tables were available about 12:45 p.m. I ordered a two-meat combo plate...ribs and pulled pork. The pulled pork was fine. The ribs, however, were dry and hard. Not tender at all. Thank goodness they gave me a knife, because I would have never gotten at 'em without it. Ribs should easily pull apart, IMHO. The coleslaw was ordinary and kinda soupy. The beans, however, were top notch. Loved those! I decided to take a banana pudding home with me. Yuck! It was flavorless, pasty and dry, and the vanilla wafers were crunchy. Any good Southerner knows your wafers have to be all soft from soaking up the yummy goodness of the pudding. Of course, since the pudding was dry, it's no wonder the wafers weren't soft. And, there was almost no banana flavor at all. A total disaster. Service was very slow. Even though there were only six occupied tables on our side of the restaurant, it took forever - especially at the end of the meal when we were waiting first on our check, then on our doggie boxes, and finally for my puddin'. I don't know if this is one of those places where tea refills are simply not a part of the scene, but trying to make it through a spicy meal on one smallish glass of tea is torture. I am not sure I'll go back.

jeepguy

• Total Posts: 1555
    RE: Commissary - Germantown TN Fri, 06/27/08 11:59 PM (permalink)
    I went to Germantown HS with Walker Taylor "owner" but have since lived in Chicago. Too bad, i had always heard good things.

Bobs

• Total Posts: 244
      RE: Commissary - Germantown TN Fri, 07/4/08 3:20 PM (permalink)
      I have eaten there for the last ten years before relocating a year ago. The food was always good and consistent although the service was spotty. I will try to visit again soon and provide an update.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com