The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Christmas Pudding

Laserwolf

• Total Posts: 45
Christmas Pudding Sun, 07/13/08 11:05 AM (permalink)
I was really into making traditional English foods last fall and managed a nice Steak and Kidney Pie, some not so good Yorkshire Puddings, and some excellent Bubble and Squeak(Make it whenever I can now). However, what I really wanted to do was a traditional Christmas Pudding for the holidays. I found a really good recipe(I assume) but I couldn't figure out where to find some of the ingredients I needed. Here is the recipe I found: http://www.greenchronicle.com/christmas_recipes/christmas_pudding.htm

The reason I am posting now is that it says the best Puddings are made well in advance(sometimes up to a year) and left to sit and "gather flavor" until it is time to re-steam it to eat. I would have started even earlier but I completely forgot I had wanted to attempt this until just the other day.

Actually... now that I look at the recipe for the first time since last fall I guess I only need help with the Suet. I believe I found websites where I can buy the dried fruits. The suet is still a problem. Apparently the only suet you can find in this country has bird seed in it. Anyone have any ideas where I might come across some, make some, or even improvise some?

Oh, and any advice for someone who has attemped Christmas Pudding before would be great.

My Steak and Kidney Pie post from last year http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22378

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com