Author
cinnamos
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2008/07/22 10:50:25 (permalink)

Pan Pizza Crispy, Soft and Light

Hi Everyone
Nice to meet you all
I’m quite new to this forum so if my question is in the wrong category, my apologies. I am sure a mod will move it.

I Just have a few quick questions regarding a Pan Pizza Recipe and pizza in general to ask you guys. I understand that this is quite a lengthy message but please read it all. I basically spelled out everything about my question in much detail.

Here in South Africa, we have a Local Pizzeria that I just love to buy the Pan Pizza From.
Problem is this Pizzeria is quite out of my way to buy as often as I would like. I thought let me try to come close to this recipe by making my own. I searched the net and found Pizza Hut Pan Pizza Recipe (By the way I haven’t tasted Pizza Hut as I don’t have one anywhere near me). I used the following recipe found on many sites all over the internet.

1 1/3 cups warm water (105 F)
1/4 cup non-fat powdered milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 (1/16 ounce) package dry yeast
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for dough)
9 ounces vegetable oil (3 ounces per pan)

Made a Dough out of this, placed it in a Pan filled with 3OZ Vegetable Oil (Not Olive Oil) and let it rise for about 1.5 Hrs. Baked it in the oven till it browned.

Then came the main Test. Comparing the Homemade Pizza Hut Pan Pizza to the Pizza purchased from my Local Pizzeria. Below is the differences I have found.

Pizza Hut Pan Pizza - About 1 Inch Thick. The Outer part of the pizza as well as the bottom was very nice and crispy but the only problem I found was the inside was very doughy. The best way I can describe it to you is by comparing it to a BAKED SCONE. Another description would be to a biscuit texture or bread features.
If I were to take my Thumb and Index finger and press the pizza, I would feel the hardness in it.
My small summary is that Pizza Hut Pan Pizza is quite nice but its just too hard and doughy on the inner. Everything else is perfect.

Local Pizzeria - Also about 1 Inch Thick. Both outer and bottom of the pizza is very nice and crispy. Now comes the main part and that is the Inside Dough. It is very very soft, Spongy and Light. Its almost as if the entire pizza is made out of cheese, that’s how soft it is.
If I would take my thumb and Index finger and press the pizza, I would literally able to feel my index finger and thumb touching each other.
This is what I call Pizza perfect. Soft, Spongy and Light inside.

I tried doing some research for a recipe like this to no avail. I did come across something quite interesting. There is a Pizza found In US, called GOODFELLAS'S. It comes frozen at convenient stores. From reading quite allot of reviews about this pizza, I believe that it is quite what I’m looking for. Maybe this might help you guys help me in the quest to find this recipe.

Also if someone knows, How do I freeze a PAN PIZZA after it is formed?
All suggestions are gladly welcomed.

Once again guys, I really need all you’ll help. I am practically on my Knees begging for someone to share this kind of recipe. I’m sure not only me but many others all over this forum would love a Recipe like this.

Looking forward to hearing from someone soon.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1