Primehouse NYC Restaurant Week 2008!

Author
CCinNJ
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7778
2008/07/26 19:18:16 (permalink)

Primehouse NYC Restaurant Week 2008!

NYC is currently having Restaurant 2008 "special menus" around the city. Lunch is $24.07 Dinner $35.

Primehouse (a David Burke steakhouse) is participating in the promotion.
We gave it a go for dinner, last night.

Primehouse looks nothing like a NYC steakhouse. It has black & white tones...throughout. Like an 80's throwback style. No deep & dark masculine tones usually standard for NYC steakhouses.

When I got to the reservation station...there were a few cute little items for patrons. I saw a magnet, for my fridge. Something else, I had not seen in years!!!! Matches!!! A cute little retangular box, of matches. In the age of POLITICAL CORRECTNESS...I had to inquire "why matches?" A gracious response(from the hostess) "to light your candles, of course."

The staff were all very pleasant and professional. Upbeat!! A fresh departure from the usually distant, cold service style found, in NYC.

The appetizer salads were nicely done. I had a double cut bacon salad. My dinner companion enjoyed a Watermelon salad, with goat cheese.

We enjoyed the overall experience. Except for a minor criticsm.
A glass of wine (with a $12 price tag) was delivered to the table. It was much less than half of a glass.
My dinner companion brought it to the servers attention, and she was told that "that is what you get". No thank you.

The meat of the matter. The "steak on steak" selection included hanger steak and beefsteak tomatoes. It also had a maytag blue cheese fondue. I did not taste that. I happen to be allergic to blue cheese. However, there was no starch for a side. No potato or rice which made the entree seem a tad bare.

The hanger steak was flavorful and cooked at appropriate temperature (medium rare). However, it was very charred on the outside. So I found myself cutting away, to the center portion, that did not have that burnt flavor.

The dessert was a peach cobbler with bourbon ice cream. When they say bourbon, they really mean bourbon. I do not drink, usually. I was buzzing, after dessert!!! LOL

Overall, it was pretty good!

28 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1