The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Atkins Diet and other tortures

lamertz

• Total Posts: 290
Atkins Diet and other tortures Sun, 10/26/03 10:57 PM (permalink)
Just read on a thread that Jane S tern is doing the Atkins. Timely(before the holidays) and healthy too. I have done two Atkins stints.The first was very successful--lost 25 lbs. Kept most off although 2 years later did another stint to lose 7-10 I had regained. I tried the South Beach which is easier and good for those of us who can tire of meat. I really had sugar withdrawl and serious need for bread and bread products. Very dificult for someone raised in the south.The problem with both of these "diets" is the regimented,boring day by dragging day knowing exactly what you must/can eat. Trying to be a little more spontaneous and inventive and easier about the whole business of feeding myself and family these days. I give myself permission now and then to truly pig out when an opportunity arises.But still having a healthy outlook for lifetime eating. Anyone else doing the diet thing?

EliseT

• Total Posts: 2849
    RE: Atkins Diet and other tortures Mon, 10/27/03 1:09 AM (permalink)
    This will catch you up...

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=898&SearchTerms=atkins

My trigycerides went through the roof, so I'm back to traditional "healthy" food.

Michael Stern

RE: Atkins Diet and other tortures Mon, 10/27/03 4:39 AM (permalink)
      Atkins update for Jane: Since we were in NYC yesterday for the Gourmet Institute, we made a long-overdue trip to Katz's deli, which happens to be one of the great places to eat on the Atkins diet. While Jane was unable to enjoy French fries, latkes, or an egg cream, she did feast on heaps of corned beef and chopped liver. And I was able to tell her -- honestly -- that the rye bread isn't as good as I remember it being. (No crunch to the crust, no vivid sourdough flavor.) Still, I think it remains one of the essential New York eating experiences.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com