The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

All American Burgers!

flowercat

• Total Posts: 48
All American Burgers! Tue, 10/28/03 10:39 AM (permalink)
Does anyone else remember All American Burgers?

I believe that they are a very small chain located on Long Island and that there was one (which might still be there) on Merrick Road in either Seaford or Massapequa. I remember that they had great shakes and wonderful, albeit salty french fries but can't remember much about their burgers.

scbuzz

• Total Posts: 844
    RE: All American Burgers! Tue, 10/28/03 10:42 AM (permalink)
    Here is a link to one in Houston Tx !

Is it the same ? I'm from SC and we never had them down here !!!

http://www.thedeliciouslife.com/bizshow.cfm?Biz=5772&ShowReview=All

Scott_R

• Total Posts: 127
      RE: All American Burgers! Sun, 07/24/05 3:04 PM (permalink)
      OK, so it's an old thread....

AFAIK, All-American isn't a chain. There certainly aren't any others on LI, and I'd be *very* surprised to hear that the one in Massapequa is connected to the one in Texas. :) The decor is different, too.

Anyway, the one in Massapequa is still there, and still jammed around lunch and dinner times... in between, too. It's been a few years since I went in, but for me, it was always the *fries* that stuck in my mind. They used to (maybe still do) cut them by hand--well, with a hand-operated cutter. Stick the potato in the holder, pull down the handle, and the fries drop out (skin still on them). They're the "fast food"-cut fries, about 1/4" x 1/4", and the length of whatever part of the potato they came from. Crispy outside, fluffy inside.

The burgers are smallish; the 1/4 pounders were the largest patties, though they also serve double-deckers. They beat out the fast food chains' burgers any day. Never had a shake there (I've never been able to associate shakes with hamburgers).

Brianw68

• Total Posts: 2
        RE: All American Burgers! Sun, 08/14/05 4:43 PM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by flowercat

Does anyone else remember All American Burgers?

I believe that they are a very small chain located on Long Island and that there was one (which might still be there) on Merrick Road in either Seaford or Massapequa. I remember that they had great shakes and wonderful, albeit salty french fries but can't remember much about their burgers.

Isn't All American Burger the fast food place where Judge Reinhold works in 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High'? I remember one scene....

Businessman: It says one hundred percent guaranteed, you moron!
        Brad Hamilton: Mister, if you don't shut up I'm gonna kick one hundred percent of your ass!

Are there All American Burgers in California?

Tony Bad

RE: All American Burgers! Sun, 08/14/05 5:30 PM (permalink)
          quote:

Isn't All American Burger the fast food place where Judge Reinhold works in 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High'? I remember one scene....

Brad Hamilton: Mister, if you don't shut up I'm gonna kick one hundred percent of your ass!

You are correct sir...that was the place in the movie, which us people local to the one here in NY found so very funny. (easily amused round here!) I believe there is or was a chain by this name in California, but this one is an independent place that has been around since the late 50's (I believe).

That is a funny line you quoted.

Growing up one of my buddies actually worked at the Long Island All American Burger, and after that movie, whenever he arrived anywhere we would point at him and say "You used to work at All American Burger"

tjonlongisland

• Total Posts: 1
            RE: All American Burgers! Tue, 06/13/06 1:28 AM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by Tony Bad

quote:

You are correct sir...that was the place in the movie, which us people local to the one here in NY found so very funny. (easily amused round here!) I believe there is or was a chain by this name in California, but this one is an independent place that has been around since the late 50's (I believe).

That is a funny line you quoted.

Growing up one of my buddies actually worked at the Long Island All American Burger, and after that movie, whenever he arrived anywhere we would po

int at him and say "You used to work at All American Burger"

Not true. The All American in the movie was in California. The All American on Long Island is a one of a kind, family owned place which doesn't have indoor seating or even a counter like the one displayed in the movie -- rather you order from one of four registers through a window. The Long Island All American doesn't serve breakfast, and probably has never had a customer ask for their money back. The only similarity between the Long Island All American and the one in the movie is the name.

Tony Bad

RE: All American Burgers! Fri, 06/16/06 11:09 AM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by tjonlongisland

Not true. The All American in the movie was in California. The All American on Long Island is a one of a kind, family owned place which doesn't have indoor seating or even a counter like the one displayed in the movie -- rather you order from one of four registers through a window. The Long Island All American doesn't serve breakfast, and probably has never had a customer ask for their money back. The only similarity between the Long Island All American and the one in the movie is the name.

Sorry I was unclear. I know the movie place was in California...I only meant the name was the same. No Ridgemont High in Massapequa!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com