joerogo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4522
2008/08/21 18:48:42 (permalink)

Granma Poshi's Hot Dog Cart/Wappingers Falls, NY

Taken from another thread.
quote:
Originally posted by NAAMikey

This is a weenie wagon on the corner of Old Rte 9 and Meyers Corners Rd. in Wappingers Falls. The woman who runs it is a sweet lady who has prayer card tacked up inside the stand to remind her to say prayers for people who are sick, having surgery,etc. The dogs are Boars Head and have a great snap to them. This is my first attempt at posting a review, so go see her and say hi. I will be doing some more hot dog stands from the east of the Hudson soon.
MD
I have some photos, but don't know how to upload them....any helpers out there???

NAAMikey, At your service.

Thanks for giving us the info on Granma Poshi's. She is a deliteful, fun and caring person who serves up a great dog. Her correct location is at the corner of Old Route 9 and Middlebush. Very easy to find.

I arrived a little early for lunch and Poshi(thats what she said her name was. I didn't ask if it was first or last) was checking the oil in the generator and getting ready for business.

By the looks of Poshi's cart I thought she was new in business. The fact is, she is doing this for 16 years. And her cart is so clean and well kept that it looks brand new.

[img]

Here is a closeup of the menu.

[img]

This was my first Boars Head all beef dog. It was delicious. Great flavor and texture with just the right snap. Here is Poshi getting my Boars Head Bad Boy ready.

[img]

I went with a chili and onion dog. Although Poshi said the chili was not homemade, it was excellent. It wasn't busy so I stood at the window and ate my dog while talking to Poshi. It turns out her daughter if from Easton, Pa. I told her about Charlie's Pool Room right across the border. I hope she gets to stop there. Poshi also takes the time to wrap your dog for easy eating and supplies a spoon to get at the leftovers. Naturally I had to rip the wrapping for a photo.

[img]

I put Granma Poshi's on my highly recommended list. Her smile and caring nature is infectious. Oh yeah, and she has one more thing going for her, She's Italian!!!![/img][/img][/img][/img]

13 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1