The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Roadfood identification

Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 61 to 67 of 67
Greyghost

• Total Posts: 1336
RE: Roadfood identification Tue, 09/23/08 6:40 PM (permalink)
Since all the Halloween displays have been up for weeks, orange napkins came to mind. An official orange Roadfood napkin could be imprinted with Roadfood.com on it for those that wanted an official version.

Orange napkins are cheap and readily available so one could make their own as well, if they own a magic marker and have the ability to spell. Either version could be transformed into an armband with a little scotch tape, if sitting in a restaurant with a big orange bib makes you feel goofy, although it would not bother me one bit.

Honeylicious

• Total Posts: 3
    RE: Roadfood identification Tue, 09/23/08 11:10 PM (permalink)
    I could just NOT imagine wearing an orange napkin with writing on it on my body. I do not wear clothing with writing - not to mention an orange napkin. No Louis Vuitton bags or anything like that either. But if you folks like the idea, I will just be on the lookout for all of you and have to let you know I am there after I spot the sea of orange...
    As for being on the road with AM, roossy, well, I guess it is not out of the question. But it would be nice to get to know him first. He might be looking for the pastrami while I am looking for the lobster roll. Could be a little difficult.

Honeylicious
    NY

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
      • Roadfood Insider
      RE: Roadfood identification Wed, 09/24/08 3:00 PM (permalink)
      What about Rings??

This ring is from the US Jaycees

It was a little big

We could design a Roadfood ring like this or like the masons have.

(ps I where a size 12 1/2 ring so you can just imagine how big this thing actually is )

Greyghost

• Total Posts: 1336
        RE: Roadfood identification Wed, 09/24/08 6:36 PM (permalink)
        CK,

You have to be kidding...bejeweled gold rings that no one would notice...seems somewhat unseemly for a Roadfood person. What's next? Maybe custom tuxedos and designer dresses just so people would look for the ring. I know I would stand out in my local diner bejeweled and in a tux. While it might be fun, I don't think many Roadfood folk would or could participate in such an endeavor.

Well, you are not alone...my orange napkin idea didn't go over that well either. Since we are in the political season as well, political campaign buttons came to mind. They are cheap to produce which is why political campaigns use them, but we could have our own button...large so it would be noticed and only containing a photo of the Sterns.

Roadfood folk would recognize it right away. Of course, each Roadfood person should be able to make their own...if they want the pin in a gold setting surrounded by diamonds and are willing and able to pay for such a thing, they should be free to do it.

Rick F.

• Total Posts: 1736
          RE: Roadfood identification Sat, 09/27/08 6:16 AM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by leethebard

....but there are always some people who become mean and cowardly behind a keyboard.....just some thoughts!!!!!!
          Hey, I resemble that snide remark! I can be mean and cowardly without needing a keyboard to hide behind!

doggydaddy

• Total Posts: 1847
            RE: Roadfood identification Sat, 09/27/08 7:13 AM (permalink)

===I think (and my girl Ellen will totally concur) that if you see somebody taking pictures of their food...well, that's a dead giveaway.===

I still like my bumper sticker idea as it can work as a traveling proclamation about you and for this website. From a commercial aspect, people who see this sticker might be curious enough to check out this site, and buy a few Road Food books and merchandise themselves.

The observant Roadfooder will see this sticker hopefully in a parking lot and this is where Harriet's suggestion is probably quite true. You might see those same people with cameras, sitting at a table of half eaten meals since they are sampling a few things.

T-shirts and hats are fine, and they can bring some revenue to this site. I just don't wear hats as I still have a real good head of hair, and has anyone noticed how many customers wear ball caps at Wal- Mart? T-shirts can only be worn so long with me as I start to have traveling food stains. You do not want to be near me in a t-shirt on the second day of a road trip.

How about special underwear like the Mormons?

mark

doggydaddy

• Total Posts: 1847
              RE: Roadfood identification Sat, 09/27/08 7:17 AM (permalink)

I just thought of this,... dog tags.

mark

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 61 to 67 of 67

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com