The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Good BBQ in Seattle

swkreiter

• Total Posts: 31
Good BBQ in Seattle Fri, 08/29/08 4:28 PM (permalink)
I know what you're thinking and you're wrong - we coffee-swilling, Prius-driving, tree-hugging hippies in Seattle do in fact enjoy good BBQ. And, we're in luck on at least two counts.

1. Hole-In-The-Wall BBQ at 215 James (Pioneer Square). BBQ basics done well. Smoked beef, pork or turkey sandwiches soaking in the shop's own Bullwhacker BBQ sauce. Add a hot sausage "spike" to any sandwich for $2. You can also order ribs. Basic sides, too (cole slaw is the weak link here). It's lunch only, and even then if you don't get there early you should plan on carry-out - there are maybe a dozen seats at a bar-height counter along the outer walls.

1. The Frontier Room - 2203 1st Ave (Belltown). If not Seattle's best BBQ man (Chef Paul Michael), then at least its most serious. The Frontier Room's meats are smoked in a giant, walk-in rotisserie pit that chugs away seemingly 24 hours a day (I got a tour of the kitchen a while back and got to peek in). One of the Frontier's specialties is St. Louis ribs, and they are some of the best I've ever had. They also produce a great brisket as well as pork shoulder and smoked chicken, too. It's a full-service restaurant, open for lunch and dinner, and offers a short list of other than BBQ entrees (but why bother?). It's also a bar and can get quite lively at night.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com