The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Brews, Blues, and BBQ Charlotte NC

Chiliman

• Total Posts: 197
Brews, Blues, and BBQ Charlotte NC Fri, 08/29/08 5:45 PM (permalink)
A buddy of mine and I are gonna give the BB&B a shot this year. I have tried in the past, but something always messes up my schedule (vacations, caterings, etc.)

Matt and I will be smoking butt on Saturday for the "Backyard Grillers" local competition and will also be entering the "Anything But (Pork)" category on Friday evening. If we place well, we are considering entering the professional catagory next year! Memphis in May here we come!

We will probably go with his rub and my sauce (Chili Man's BBQ Slatherin' Sauce) but I will also be bringing my Merlo-B-Q sauce and my Creol-B-Q sauce just for fun!

If you are near, drop by the Backyard grillers area and look for "Fat Daddie's Q" we will most assuredly be drinking beer, smoking some oiker, and giving out samples when it's finished.

Chiliman

RE: Brews, Blues, and BBQ Charlotte NC Fri, 08/29/08 5:47 PM (permalink)
    Hi, names Chili Man and I'm an idiot. The dates are Sept. 12 and 13th.
    I do not know how to edit my post cause...well...., see the above statement.

Big Butt BBQ

• Total Posts: 26
      RE: Brews, Blues, and BBQ Charlotte NC Sun, 08/31/08 11:37 AM (permalink)
      Ranucci's Big Butt BBQ will be pulling in on Friday. The backyard division is always a wild time. This will be our 3rd year in the national divison. Stop by and check us out.

Alex and Ed

Chiliman

RE: Brews, Blues, and BBQ Charlotte NC Sun, 08/31/08 2:12 PM (permalink)
        You bet your bippies!!! Always a treat meeting new friends! Looking forward to seeing your rig!

Chiliman

RE: Brews, Blues, and BBQ Charlotte NC Sun, 08/31/08 2:47 PM (permalink)
          Hey Alex and Ed, I checked your area of residence, as I thought it sounded familiar, and turns out, I went to school up near you guys. Cortland to be exact! It's a long haul from there to here, trael safe!

Just checked out your site and am looking even more forward to meeting you cats. I'm a downstater (Middletown, NY, near our friend Benzee!) and am shocked to have upstate NYer's who really know their Q. I was ignorant until several years after we moved here and I have only really gotten into it these past 3-4. I'll make sure to have some chili, sauce, beer cozies, etc. for ya'll to bring back to the chilly north.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com