Uncle Smiley's Big Oink

Author
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5018
2008/08/31 14:59:13 (permalink)

Uncle Smiley's Big Oink

Recently I had a chance to try the "Big Oink" breaded pork tenderloin sandwich at Uncle Smiley's Family Restaurant in Crawfordsville, Indiana. It's advertised as being 5 ounces and I'm sure it was all of that, and it's served in an ordinary white bun with lettuce, tomato, and Miracle Whip-style dressing (I got mine with just the dressing). It was hot and good, not breaded to death, and the homemade potato chips were also quite tasty. I'll leave it up to the BPT experts to make the final determination of its worthiness, but I liked it and it was way better than the other BPT I had earlier in the day. The light was fading but I managed to get 1 shot:
[URL='http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb109/Brad_Olson/Roadfood/0013.jpg'][/URL]

Uncle Smiley's is a pretty nondescript place (no counter, and seat yourself) and when I was there at about 5:30 on a Wednesday (the special that day was Beef Manhattan) I was easily the youngest paying customer there - and I'm only a couple of months away from 45. Furthermore, it seemed like everybody there knew each other, as conversation was being exchanged between tables and when a couple of people came in the waitstaff and other customers greeted them. It was almost "Cheers"-like.

So naturally I was immediately branded The Outsider when I walked in. Nobody said it but I know they were all thinking it, and I'm sure that if I was living in a Clint Eastwood spaghetti western someone would've taken a shot at me.

Brad

5 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1