Best atmosphere in a Pizza place??

Author
Sonny Funzio
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 907
2008/09/09 11:00:30 (permalink)

Best atmosphere in a Pizza place??

To nearly quote Will Rogers, "I never met a pizza I didn't like". Well, almost.
There are so many places that make a decent pizza, I'm wondering what are the pizza restaurants, whether sit-down or carry-out, that are noteworthy specifically for their atmosphere or setting?

My choice ...
For me, my choice is a place called The Elmhurst Tap Room in Dearborn, Michigan off Outer Drive.
Favorite of management from Ford Motor and one of those "best kept secrets" that people often try to keep to themselves.

The Elmhurst is a smallish tavern, unassuming from the outside but has as much atmosphere as any restaurant I've ever been to.
First let me say, their NY style "white" pizza is to die for.
But besides that, it is soft lighting, dark wood, shaded lamps, red upholstered booths, leather on the bar chairs; a very intimate and relaxing place. Beautiful waitresses and great service. Very, very comfortable.
Also known for the good beer and liquor selection, decent prices, and their excellent food quality including Italian, and mussels which are cooked right there at the bar in large steamers.

If looking for an intimate place with great food and great pizza in the Dearborn/Detroit area, The Elmhurst Taproom is worth travelling for.

41 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1