• Total Posts : 7
2003/11/04 12:48:00 (permalink)

1st ever thanksgiving

i am gonna cook my first thanksgiving meal this month

sp far my menu is:

roast turkey and gravy
roast potatos
mashed sweet potatos
succotash (i have ordered from cybercandy)
some canned white corn also ordered
steamed broccoli
macaroni cheese (gonna go to american shop to get some kraft ones)
cranberry sauce
syrup
amborisia
mashed potatos
corn bread rolls

-----
i also have to do a vegan option. i am in the uk and cooking this food for the first time. we live in a tiny flat and there are gonna be 9 ppl including me and my boyfriend. one of them grew up in america. it's him who has given me the ambrosia receipe (fruit, mayo, sour cream and marshmallows). i have never eaten anything like this before.

i have spend hours on the internet looking up thanksgiving stuff, and still dont know what stuffing to do. If i'm doing a sunday roast i usually mage sage and onion, because i love sage and onion stuffing. do you have this in america? would also like to try an american st uffing. what is pork and corn bread like?? does it go with turkey? can you really stuff a turkey with cheeseburgers? i would LOVE to do this but can't find any info anywhere. do you make up the cheeseburgers first with cooked beef and cheese and rolls and then stuff the turkey? or raw patties with rolls and cheese and kethcup or with bunless cooked burgers? or is it just stuffing a turkey with burger meat? help!!!!!!!!

what drinks do you have before and during meals?

also i'm gonna do a potato salad. was going to do it how i usually do, cold boilded potatos, mayonised, spring onion and chives......but i see you put different things in it in america. for dessert i'm making cupcakes with american frosting and a coke cake. i'm very excited......anyone able toohelp[ me i will love you!!!

51 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1