Bourbon

Author
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 5406
2008/09/26 02:03:45 (permalink)

Bourbon

Up until about 3 years ago I had never cared for any of the dark liquors, whiskeys, how ever you care to spell it.

But then I won a half pint of Bourbon as a door prize at the last crab fest held in Baltimore, Md. brought by Al and Janet. So I tried it and found that I had gotten old enough to enjoy it.

At some time after finishing that bottle I bought another bottle. Which my youngest daughter's BF drank for me, that no good so and so. So then I held a discussion here with Al and a few others and it was recommended that I try Knob Creek. Which I did and I liked it even better.

So last night I was at the liquor store to stock up the liquor cabinet, I got a bonus check this week and was feeling flush. A liquor distributor was there and we got to talkiing. He made several suggestions of different brands to try of different types of booze.

One of his suggestions based on my stated like of Knob Creek was for Woodford Reserve. So I bought 2 minis of that and tried them at home last night on the rocks. It was very tasty and smooth. So I guess when the fifth of Knob Creek runs out I'll buy this instead.

Yes I know, they haven't been fifths or half pints for 20+ years but I do still call them that. I don't know why booze is metric while everything else we use is English.

As for stocking up I bought a half-gallon each of Bombay Saphire, Patron silver and I forget the name of the vodka he recommended. He said it was very close to Grey Goose but half the price. Vodka is the only booze I'm not real fussy about.

He did make some Scotch recommends but the store didn't have any small bottles of those for me to try. I don't know if I like Scotch so i'm not going to buy a big bottle until I find out.

Cheers ya'all.

Oh, I did buy my oldest a 50ml mini of Patron as a gag gift. :)

If you like tequila, don't try Patron. It is expensive and very tasty. You won't want to go back to Cuervo ever again. Then you'll be cussing me because of the price. It makes the BEST Margarita's I've ever had.

57 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1