The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Chuckie Cheese

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 52 of 52
KingCrab

• Total Posts: 122
RE: Chuckie Cheese Sat, 11/15/08 8:29 AM (permalink)
chuck e cheese offers beer at the ones I have been to. I dont partake, I am too busy enjoying time with my daughter, and seeing her have fun. I wait until we go somewhere afterward for a few adult beverages.

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6082
    RE: Chuckie Cheese Sat, 11/15/08 9:35 AM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by KingCrab

chuck e cheese offers beer at the ones I have been to. I dont partake, I am too busy enjoying time with my daughter, and seeing her have fun. I wait until we go somewhere afterward for a few adult beverages.

Ya' know,you put this in its proper perspective for me...I put down the pizza,others put Chuckie down for other reasons..let's remember after all,this is a place for kids...and when they were young,the smile on my kids faces was enough for me!!!!

ken8038

• Total Posts: 1560
      RE: Chuckie Cheese Sat, 11/15/08 10:49 PM (permalink)
      <<chuck e cheese offers beer at the ones I have been to>>

Holy Cow! That must have been at the demand of some parent group or something. Man, I could've used a beer when I had to endure being there when my kids were younger.

That being said, my son had his 6th birthday party there (1994) and he still has fond memories of it, so it was all worth it, sort of.

The one nearest us in Union County NJ is in a weird location, right next to a very seedy motel. Even in those pre-Megan's Law days it was always on our mind when we'd take our kids there. And what sort of zoning laws would permit such a thing??

tfrielin

• Total Posts: 440
        RE: Chuckie Cheese Tue, 11/18/08 8:41 AM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by WarToad

And anyone with kids knows you end up eating there far more than you want.

Seriously, they need a bar in that place.

I haven't been since the late '80s, I guess, but back then the Tallahassee location served beer and wine. Ok, so the wine came out of a tap, but having a few was the only way to make the din bearable. I can't imagine the Chuck E. Cheese experience without an adult beverage or two.

leethebard

RE: Chuckie Cheese Tue, 11/18/08 10:48 AM (permalink)
          Wine out of a tap??....I hope that doesn't catch on!!!!!

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
            RE: Chuckie Cheese Tue, 11/18/08 11:22 AM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by leethebard

Wine out of a tap??....I hope that doesn't catch on!!!!!

why not? wine taps help wines last longer, preventing oxidation.

top wine bars all over the country have taps for wines. the following pic is a small verison, but I've seen installation of wine taps for 50 bottles and more - running the full length of the bar -from one end to the other:

there are even at home versions you can buy:

plus, I'll never figure out why the tap didn't catch on sooner - they've been doing it at the wineries for years:
            [img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2241/2347949477_2225387d2e.jpg?v=0[/img]

leethebard

RE: Chuckie Cheese Tue, 11/18/08 1:40 PM (permalink)
              Wow...I want the home version!!!

tfrielin

• Total Posts: 440
                RE: Chuckie Cheese Tue, 11/18/08 2:09 PM (permalink)
                quote:

Yes, but somehow, I doubt what was coming out of that tap all those years ago was fine vintaage Chuckie Cheese wine.

David_NYC

• Total Posts: 2162
                  RE: Chuckie Cheese Tue, 11/18/08 2:23 PM (permalink)
                  quote:
                  Originally posted by tfrielin

quote:

Yes, but somehow, I doubt what was coming out of that tap all those years ago was fine vintaage Chuckie Cheese wine.
                  More like Gallo jug wine, I would imagine.

Scorereader

RE: Chuckie Cheese Tue, 11/18/08 2:44 PM (permalink)
                    Some home models:
                    http://www.skymall.com/shopping/detail.htm?pid=102717418&c=10450
                    http://www.skymall.com/shopping/detail.htm?pid=102716233&c=10450
                    http://www.thegreenhead.com/2008/08/wine-saver-home-preservation-serving-system.php
                    http://www.vintagecellars.com/category_sub.asp?prodcategoryID=87
                    http://www.vintagecellars.com/category_sub.asp?prodcategoryID=25
                    http://www.vintagecellars.com/category_sub.asp?prodcategoryID=24
                    http://www.vintagecellars.com/category_sub.asp?prodcategoryID=88

this can be an expensive endeavor. It's great for wine bars, because they can offer glass of wines that they would have only offered as a bottle, since the bottle will keep for a month or more after being opened. Plus, it saves time, increasing the wine bartender efficiency. Some of these systems, the cork doesn't even come out, so changing out bottles is quick.

for home use, it's a bit much. First, I rarely open a bottle I won't finish within a day. Second, since I believe in finding great wines for under $20, the upkeep of some of the machines (keeping gas on hand, cleaning, etc) can erradicate my savings.

But, if you're a regular wine party host, or if you're looking for a product that almost no one will have at home, then you can impress your friends with the wine taps.

Scorereader

RE: Chuckie Cheese Tue, 11/18/08 2:47 PM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by David_NYC

quote:

quote:

probably jug wine. I don't remember wine taps at Chuck E Cheese. Maybe they used the wonderbar and served wine spritzers - that would fall more inline with Chuck E Cheese.

leethebard

RE: Chuckie Cheese Wed, 11/19/08 12:58 AM (permalink)
                        quote:
                        Originally posted by David_NYC

quote:

quote:

MrKing.net

• Total Posts: 84
                          RE: Chuckie Cheese Tue, 12/9/08 12:23 AM (permalink)
                          How they can burn a pizza on bottom, while the top is frozen is unbelievable......

WarToad

• Total Posts: 1791
                            RE: Chuckie Cheese Wed, 12/10/08 2:21 PM (permalink)
                            http://www.businesspundit.com/chuck-e-cheese-where-parents-get-into-fist-fights/
                            quote:

Chuck E. Cheese, Where Parents Get Into Fist Fights

Chuck E. Cheese’s bills itself as a place “where a kid can be a kid.” But to law-enforcement officials across the country, it has a more particular distinction: the scene of a surprising amount of disorderly conduct and battery among grown-ups.

“The biggest problem is you have a bunch of adults acting like juveniles,” says Town of Brookfield Police Capt. Timothy Imler. “There’s a biker bar down the street, and we rarely get calls there.”

Fights among guests are an issue for all restaurants, but security experts say they pose a particular problem for Chuck E. Cheese’s, since it is designed to be a haven for children. Law-enforcement officials say alcohol, loud noise, thick crowds and the high emotions of children’s birthday parties make the restaurants more prone to disputes than other family entertainment venues.

The environment also brings out what security experts call the “mama-bear instinct.” A Chuck E. Cheese’s can take on some of the dynamics of the animal kingdom, where beasts rush to protect their young when they sense a threat.

The article lists quite a few examples of altercations, ranging from vulgar verbal exchanges to group melees of 40+ people. Yet:

Why the heck does Chuck E. Cheese serve alcohol in the first place?

It’s a recipe for disaster. Tired, drunken parents + kids coked up on sugar and bouncy balls + alcohol = potential throat-grabbing. Stop serving the alcohol, Chuck’s, and the cops will be off your case.

Wabbit

• Total Posts: 477
                              RE: Chuckie Cheese Wed, 12/10/08 6:19 PM (permalink)
                              I have heard of the "Twinkie Defence" for violent offenders, now we have the "Chuckie Cheese Defence" for fist fights. Wow

High Springs Gator

• Total Posts: 61
                                RE: Chuckie Cheese Thu, 12/11/08 8:31 PM (permalink)
                                quote:

As far as terrible pizzas go,it's a little less worse than Pizza Hut(Sweet sugar pie),Dominoes(the worst),Pappa John's, Little Caesar's and the other poor pizzas...but it's a close fifth!!!!!

Pappa John's in the best tasting pizza chain in my book. Pizza Hut is overpriced and greasy.

leethebard

RE: Chuckie Cheese Fri, 12/12/08 4:35 PM (permalink)
                                  quote:
                                  Originally posted by High Springs Gator

quote:

As far as terrible pizzas go,it's a little less worse than Pizza Hut(Sweet sugar pie),Dominoes(the worst),Pappa John's, Little Caesar's and the other poor pizzas...but it's a close fifth!!!!!

Pappa John's in the best tasting pizza chain in my book. Pizza Hut is overpriced and greasy.

Navy_Brat913

• Total Posts: 179
                                    RE: Chuckie Cheese Sat, 12/20/08 1:03 AM (permalink)
                                    I LOVE Chuck E Cheese.  Since I was a kid, and now as a mom, it's one of my favorite places.  Now, before I get mobbed, let me add I have not EATEN at a Chuck E Cheese since my 11 1/2 yr old was 3, lol.  What we do is go to his choice of pizza or pasta restaurants, THEN visit Chuck's to play video games, lol.

marzsit

• Total Posts: 343
                                      RE: Chuckie Cheese Mon, 12/22/08 6:06 AM (permalink)
                                      i've only been to chuckie cheese once.... yes, the food was nasty and the noise level was excruciating.....:( the things that guys do to keep their ladies happy.....

we used to have a "theme" pizza restaurant called pizza and pipes that was pretty good. i really don't know what happened to it, they just closed up one day.... the pizza part was interesting, the pies were baked in the most unusual pizza oven i ever saw..  it was a round oven that rotated, with many (5, maybe 8) levels. one side was viewable through glass and was close to the counter for public viewing.  the pipes part was the entertainment, they had a huge wurlitzer theater pipe organ that was played by really good musicians, and a screen showing old black-and-white silent movies. the organ console not only controlled the pipe organ, but there were also several percussion instruments that the organist could play.  it was nothing like chuckie cheese.....   fwiw, the pizza was very good, thin crust with just enough sauce and decent toppings. my favorite was the "perils of pauline", pepperoni, salami, mushrooms, onions and black olives.

senor boogie woogie

• Total Posts: 225
                                        RE: Chuckie Cheese Fri, 01/2/09 9:29 AM (permalink)

Chuckie Cheese is basically a bar for kids. Instead of alcohol, its cola (caffine), video games, some electronic stage show and some poor idiot in a mouse costume, getting molested by buzzed out little kids.

What kind of video games do they have in there now? Back in the old days, people paid money to play video games in arcades, now most everyone has a computer, or an XBox, PlayStation, etc. No need to go to Chuckies. Just order some pizza at the house and play your video games at home.

Senor

abe_froeman

• Total Posts: 695

Vince Macek

• Total Posts: 855
                                            RE: Chuckie Cheese Tue, 12/1/09 7:19 PM (permalink)
                                            abe_froeman

abe_froeman

Looks like the bad pizza tends to bring out the worst in the adults who have to go to this insufferable place, too:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=529383

http://www.pennlive.com/news/patriotnews/index.ssf?/base/news/1207694415244140.xml&coll=1&thispage=1

http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/business/index.ssf/2008/02/chuck_e_cheese_drops_alcohol_b.html

Another melee in the Chuck E Cheese:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1914087,birthday-family-fight-chuck-e-cheese-120109.article

For shame. There's a way to settle these disputes - Skee ball!

I love the flashback on the show '30 Rock' that refs flaky celebrity Tracy getting arrested at three separate Chuck E. Cheeses - being pulled shirtless out of the ball pit hollering "Do you know who I AM??", then anxiously wailing, "I MEAN it!!! Who AM I?!?"

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                              Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 52 of 52

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                              • No New Messages
                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                              • Read Message
                                              • Post New Thread
                                              • Reply to message
                                              • Post New Poll
                                              • Submit Vote
                                              • Post reward post
                                              • Delete my own posts
                                              • Delete my own threads
                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com