Dinner at Chubby's Barbeque

Author
Greymo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3741
2008/10/13 10:34:45 (permalink)

Dinner at Chubby's Barbeque

Yesterday was a perfect autumn day and we headed out to enjoy the outdoors. Our first and longest stop was at a pumpkin maze north of Frederick, MD. Going through half the maze was enough for me so I headed back to the car, got my book and read (and kept up with the football scores on radio. The rest of the family carried on with corn cob shooting, hayrides and a giant slide to name a few things they did.

Three hours later, we drove a little futher north to an apple farm and stand. Well, this is much more than a stand; it is huge and they sell all sorts of fruits and vegetables. There were lots of people buying pumpkins and even more buying homemade pies which were selling well at twelve dollars each!

Our last stop (and the best part of a fun day) was for dinner at Chubby's Barbeque in Emmitsburg MD. What a great meal we had. I decided to order a combination platter which consisted of ribs, pulled pork and sliced brisket. Everything was delicious but the brisket was just super. It was filled with flavor and I could cut it with my fork. My son had the babyrib platter and my daughter in law had the ribs and pulled pork. The sides were excellent. Although I did not have any, the cornbread was raved about and so were the beans.

I went with the fried potatos and the collard greens. The fried potatoes were very unusal. They were very creamy and loaded with onions and sausage...........absolutely delicious. The collard greens were excellent but I would have preferred them without barbecue sauce in them. Something that we had here was the best that I had ever tasted was the cream of crab soup..........it was amazing and exploded with flavor. This was something that I never expected to find in a barbeque restaurant. The next time that we go there, I will have a brisket sandwich and a whole bowl of that great soup.

The owner, Tom was there and we had a wonderful time visiting with him. He was gracious even though the Redskins had just lost their football game and my son was wearing a NY Giants shirt. He told us of how he got started in the restaurant business, how he did some of his dishes and just lots of fun things. He is a very nice person. (Of couse he endeared himself to me when he told us that the two grand daugters looked like models.....which I knew but liked hearing)

We knew the day was a success when my daughter in law announced that she could not wait to come back again!

http://chubbysbbq.com/page/11aej/Our_Menu.html

20 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1