The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

New Orleans to Austin - I-10 food stops

uvcatastrophe

• Total Posts: 2
New Orleans to Austin - I-10 food stops Sun, 03/30/03 9:25 PM (permalink)
I'm about to take a nice long drive up I-10 from New Orleans to Austin, with a stopover at a friend's place in Humble (northern Houston) for the night. Can anyone recommend a good place to stop on the way?

I'm open to any ideas, excepting :

- Texas bar-b-que. I grew up in Tulsa. I learned about bar-b-que in Tulsa. I learned to hate Texas in Tulsa (and Norman, Oklahoma). Regardless of how ineffably wondrous that the stuff actually is, Texas bar-b-que must remain nothing short than an unmitigated travesty and a near-violation of the Geneva Convention if I am to retain any hometown pride.

- Louie's Cafe in Baton Rouge. I'm already dropping by here for coffee. As I've explained elsewhere, the waitstaff there appears to be entirely made of that perky punky pierce'n'tattoo girl archetype that just makes my mind ache.

I am hoping to hear of a good place in either Lake Charles or Lafayette. Also, if you can recommend a joint in Austin, that would help. Outside of places listed in Roadfood, I've heard of a coffeeshop near campus called the Spider House... any other ideas?

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com