The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Cousins Doghouse and Grille, Pawcatuck ,CT

Caleb

• Total Posts: 1
Cousins Doghouse and Grille, Pawcatuck ,CT Thu, 11/20/08 1:27 PM (permalink)
Hi, this is my first post. I have read quite a few of the posts here and have found and tried some great restaurants that I would never have known about otherwise. In my travels I have found a somewhat new hot dog restaurant in Pawcatuck, CT that I wanted to mention. It is on Route One between Westerly, RI and Mystic, CT. The name is Cousins Doghouse and Grille. The serve up quite a variety of toppings on their hot dogs and also offer specialty burgers. I thought it was a great place and I was wondering if anyone else here has tried it.

Caleb

MiamiDon

RE: Cousins Doghouse and Grille, Pawcatuck ,CT Thu, 11/20/08 1:42 PM (permalink)
    Never been there, but I did find their[url='http://www.cousinsdoghouse.com/index.html']website[/url].

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6071
      RE: Cousins Doghouse and Grille, Pawcatuck ,CT Thu, 11/20/08 1:54 PM (permalink)
      Caleb, welcome to Roadfood......and enjoy...

John Fox

• Total Posts: 2313
        RE: Cousins Doghouse and Grille, Pawcatuck ,CT Thu, 11/20/08 7:51 PM (permalink)
        Welcome, Caleb. I know that they use a natural casing Sabrett dog. I remember speaking with one of the owners before they opened when they were deciding on what they would use. I haven't been there, but the owner was enthusiastic and knows hot dogs. Glad you liked Cousins and I wish them well.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17808
          RE: Cousins Doghouse and Grille, Pawcatuck ,CT Thu, 11/20/08 9:20 PM (permalink)
          A regular dog for $3.25? Ridiculous!

David_NYC

• Total Posts: 2162
            RE: Cousins Doghouse and Grille, Pawcatuck ,CT Fri, 11/21/08 8:58 AM (permalink)
            That price of $3.25 includes any or all toppings. That price is in line with what you would pay at other Connecticut emporiums these days if you wanted toppings. Nathan's is charging about $3 for a single frank at Coney Island, with only mustard, sauerkraut, or raw onions for free.

Foodosaurus

RE: Cousins Doghouse and Grille, Pawcatuck ,CT Fri, 11/21/08 9:20 AM (permalink)
              I like that all the toppings are included in the price. Two dogs, small fries and a soda for nine bucks isn't bad at all.

MiamiDon

RE: Cousins Doghouse and Grille, Pawcatuck ,CT Fri, 11/21/08 9:30 AM (permalink)
                I see that they list bacon on the toppings list. That's often an additional cost item elsewhere.

There's also something called "soupy". What's that? Is that a Connecticut thing?

Linguica is listed, too. Sausage on your hot dog? All right! (Maybe it's just for the burgers?)

Foodosaurus

RE: Cousins Doghouse and Grille, Pawcatuck ,CT Fri, 11/21/08 9:37 AM (permalink)
                  Soupy is a dried sausage. I've only seen it in pepperoni stick form. I believe it is similar to Soppresata.

Here is a picture:

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                    • Read Message
                    • Post New Thread
                    • Reply to message
                    • Post New Poll
                    • Submit Vote
                    • Post reward post
                    • Delete my own posts
                    • Delete my own threads
                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com