2009 GLEE CLUB Memphis Meet-Up

Author
The Travelin Man
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3728
2008/11/26 18:29:03 (permalink)

2009 GLEE CLUB Memphis Meet-Up

Here are a number of hot links.  The first is the first message that begins the report of the various meet-ups.  Following are a number of links to various photo essays from different perspectives.

TRIP  REPORT BEGINS ON PAGE 13 AT MESSAGE NUMBER 373.

Mayor Al's comprehensive trip report

Buffetbuster's candid photos 

Buffetbuster's additional photos

ChiTownDiner's Day One - Thurs 2/12 (Part I)

ChiTownDiner's Day One (2/12) (Part II)

ChiTownDiner's Day Two - 2/13

ChiTownDiner's Day Two (2/13) (cont.)

wanderingjew's Part I

wanderingjew's Part II

wanderingjew's Part III

wanderingjew's Part IV

wanderingjew's Supplemental (Feb. 14)

The Travelin' Man - Part I (Feb. 14 - Memphis)

The Travelin' Man - Part II (Feb. 14 - Memphis - cont.)

The Travelin' Man - Part III (Feb. 15 - Paducah, KY)

Hear ye! Hear ye! With the blessing of Hizzonor The Mayor, this here thread shall serve as the planning/discussion point for the Official 2009 Meeting of the West Tennessee Glee Club and BBQ Society.

Original plans had called for a trip to the low country in South Carolina and Georgia area. Unfortunately, it looks like that option needs to be punted for this year. Instead, the Executive Council (sounds good to me?) has suggested that we convene in the BBQ heaven of.....
Memphis, TN

Discussion will commence as to the viability of Memphis, and the selection of restaurant(s), and other cultural activities. There are no formal invitations coming - you are all invited (and most of you are welcome! ). It ain't Memphis in May, but it will be a ton of fun - and Memphis is a short drive from a good number of nearby cities. One caveat - Saturday is Valentine's Day. My personal motto is "nothing says 'I love you' like a big slab of ribs" - but, you will want to keep this in mind as you decide whether or not to leave the family behind - or, whether or not that new girl/guy is worth giving up Memphis BBQ!

Count my vote as the first enthusiastic "AYE!" I look forward to seeing ya'll in Memphis!
post edited by The Travelin Man - 2009/03/23 23:14:52

656 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1