Does anyone still eat QUICHE?

Author
Tommy B
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 144
2008/12/01 19:27:53 (permalink)

Does anyone still eat QUICHE?

Back in my professional chef days, I used to make a really good eating Quiche, if I can say so myself. I never see or hear of Quiche being on anybody's menu. Is Quiche still out there?

I would take a 9inch pie crust, and par-bake it (about 75% done). Then I would layer the bottom of the pie crust with a generous slathering of carmelized onions. (the bottom layer of carmelized onions would really make the quiche scrumptous). Then I would lay down a thin layer of shredded swiss & gruyere. Then I would add a layer of main ingredients, such as Ham & Asparagus tips, or Shrimp & Crab, you name it you got it. Then, I would top with shredded swiss & gruyere cheese, and pile it high over the main ingredients. To finish, I would whisk together a batter of whole eggs, heavy cream, a drop or two each of tabasco and worchestershire sauce, white pepper, salt. I would then pour the "batter" into the pie shell, allowing it to curve it's way through the cheese, and the main ingredients. I would garnish the top of the Quiche with fresh chopped parsley. Then I would put the pie crust on a sheet pan (or cookie sheet), and bake it "slow & low", about 275 until done.

After baking, they would cool and rest, perhaps putting them in the fridge. Then when a customer ordered Quiche, I would slice 1/6 of a pie, put it on a "sizzler plate", and put the slice in a convection oven 350, until that baby would rise and get golden brown. Then, I would lace a plate with an ounce or two of bechamel,
and place the Quiche on top, garnish with flowering kale and fresh berries.

So, does anyone still eat Quiche?

Here is a fresh veggie quiche....

48 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1