The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

New Board Software Comments - font size & screen layout

donw9876

• Total Posts: 289
New Board Software Comments - font size & screen layout Fri, 12/19/08 7:18 PM (permalink)
I am not posting to complain about the loss of a few posts. Enough stuff was transparently moved in this change that this migration counts as "perfect" in my book.

The main grip I have is that the fonts are now largish compared to the old board software, and all of the tables and cells are bloated. Basically, the old forum sat comfortably in my laptop screen, and now the forum takes much more effort to scroll through. There's a ton of white space now where before the layout was nice and tight.

This makes the forum much less usable, in my opinion. You see less at a glance.

I recommend that the administrators or owner(s) tweak the (CSS) style sheets and try to squeeze out the excessive margins and spacing. The occasional person with vision problems can tweak their own browser's font size to be larger.

Also, there may be a problem with fonts when posting. See "NYPizzaNut's" message at the end of this page about the Grecian restaurant:

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/Where-to-eat-in-Dayton-Ohio-North-of-Middletown-m379488-p7.aspx

This large font, probably posted in error by the user, ruins the readability.

Apologies if there is a better section for posting this or if this has been covered before.
<message edited by donw9876 on Fri, 12/19/08 7:19 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com