The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Five Guys - Coming To Marlborough MA

Wistah

• Total Posts: 205
Five Guys - Coming To Marlborough MA Tue, 12/23/08 12:23 PM (permalink)
I have long bemoaned the lack of decent burgers in this area...there are a few pubs that serve a decent one but their hours are somewhat limited and sometimes a faster option would be more convenient.

So...I was happy to see this morning a sign up in a storefront on Route 20 West in Marlboro (Massachusetts...same shopping center as the Office Max and Panera)....FIVE GUYS Opening Soon!!

I have only eaten at a Five Guys one time in PA and found them to be a significant cut above the fast food burgers.

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Re:Five Guys - Coming To Marlborough MA Tue, 12/23/08 12:24 PM (permalink)
    Just out of curiosity, do you like your burgers cooked well-done?

1bbqboy

• Total Posts: 4542
      Re:Five Guys - Coming To Marlborough MA Tue, 12/23/08 12:30 PM (permalink)
      If we combined all the 5 guys threads, would it be the longest? :)

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4463
        Re:Five Guys - Coming To Marlborough MA Tue, 12/23/08 12:44 PM (permalink)
        Wistah

I have long bemoaned the lack of decent burgers in this area...there are a few pubs that serve a decent one but their hours are somewhat limited and sometimes a faster option would be more convenient.

So...I was happy to see this morning a sign up in a storefront on Route 20 West in Marlboro (Massachusetts...same shopping center as the Office Max and Panera)....FIVE GUYS Opening Soon!!

I have only eaten at a Five Guys one time in PA and found them to be a significant cut above the fast food burgers.

Wistah, See if this helps you in your quest for a good burger.  At about 1/2 the price of 5-Guys!

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/Marlborough-Ma-m428206.aspx

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
          Re:Five Guys - Coming To Marlborough MA Tue, 12/23/08 12:47 PM (permalink)
          I've never been to a franchised location, only the family owned ones in Alexandria, VA. I hope the new one in your area will live up to the original's standards.

Wistah

Re:Five Guys - Coming To Marlborough MA Tue, 12/23/08 8:13 PM (permalink)
            joerogo

Wistah

Wistah, See if this helps you in your quest for a good burger.  At about 1/2 the price of 5-Guys!

Joe;

THANKS for that link...I knew about that place on Farm road, never knew that they served food there.  Wow will have to try it soon.  It looks like you reviewed their dogs...have you tried the burgers?

I will agree that there are better options than 5 Guys, and that 5 Guys is a little pricey...but sometimes convenience wins out including longer hours that a place like 5 Guys might be open, and the location.

For example there is a dive bar in Marlboro that serves a great burger, but only from 11-2 on weekdays, and even then only when the cook decides to show up.  And you cant' get fries or anything else.  So every place has its limitations.

Wistah

Re:Five Guys - Coming To Marlborough MA Tue, 12/23/08 8:14 PM (permalink)
              Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Just out of curiosity, do you like your burgers cooked well-done?

Actually, yes I do.

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4463
                Re:Five Guys - Coming To Marlborough MA Tue, 12/23/08 8:43 PM (permalink)
                Wistah

joerogo

Wistah

Joe;

THANKS for that link...I knew about that place on Farm road, never knew that they served food there.  Wow will have to try it soon.  It looks like you reviewed their dogs...have you tried the burgers?

I will agree that there are better options than 5 Guys, and that 5 Guys is a little pricey...but sometimes convenience wins out including longer hours that a place like 5 Guys might be open, and the location.

For example there is a dive bar in Marlboro that serves a great burger, but only from 11-2 on weekdays, and even then only when the cook decides to show up.  And you cant' get fries or anything else.  So every place has its limitations.

Further down in the trip report there is a pic of a chili burger.  My travelin partner had it, said it was first class.

Devo's is a good spot with extended hours.  Try it and let us know what you think.

Remember, any money you spend there stays in Marlborough.

ellen4641

• Total Posts: 3531
                  Re:Five Guys - Coming To Marlborough MA Wed, 12/24/08 2:08 AM (permalink)
                  Five Guys is alright to go to once in awhile...
                  maybe every month or so (but never when I'm out of town, as I've got 3 of them within 10 miles from me)

On the plus side, the burgers are freshly made, and the meat tastes very fresh...

downside: no drive-thru, no milkshakes, no onion rings,

I'd much rather see independant burger joints opening up, but the reality is that Five Guys seems to be everywhere...
                  (even in Greenwich Village, NYC)

If I was lucky enough to be in a good BURGER city like Omaha, I doubt I would go into Five Guys much..
                  but I'm living in a "pizza, A.C. subs" area...

PopsDogHouse

Re:Five Guys - Coming To Marlborough MA Wed, 12/24/08 10:36 AM (permalink)
                    Five guys recently opened here.  I've tried it a couple of times.  If I want a fast food burger and am faced with the usual McDees, BK, or Wendy's, I would opt for Five Guys.  That's as far as I will go.  It is at least juicy for a burnt burger.  In NC, burgers are required to be cooked at least Med. Well, unless the restaurant is using ground sirloin.  Very few do.  To get a good burger cooked to my temp. preference, I go to Longhorn Steakhouse.  They use Sirloin, and cook it perfectly so I don't have to eat a gray burger.
                    <message edited by PopsDogHouse on Wed, 12/24/08 10:38 AM>

porkchopexpress

• Total Posts: 798
                      Re:Five Guys - Coming To Marlborough MA Thu, 12/25/08 9:05 AM (permalink)
                      I ate at the one in Panama City Fl.   Very good burger

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                        • No New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                        • Locked w/o New Messages
                        • Read Message
                        • Post New Thread
                        • Reply to message
                        • Post New Poll
                        • Submit Vote
                        • Post reward post
                        • Delete my own posts
                        • Delete my own threads
                        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com