The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Today's restaurant of the day-Mayfield Diner

Twinwillow

• Total Posts: 4896
Today's restaurant of the day-Mayfield Diner Tue, 01/6/09 4:13 PM (permalink)
 I was amazed at how cheap the breakfast prices are here. Only a few dollars for eggs?
That's pretty cheap to me. 
How much is a breakfast plate of eggs, bacon, toast and potatoes at your favorite local breakfast stop?
In Dallas at, The Original House Of Pancakes, a typical (standard) 2 egg breakfast runs over $10.00 with coffee. 
<message edited by Twinwillow on Tue, 01/6/09 4:21 PM>

dannybotz

• Total Posts: 357
    Re:Today's restaurant of the day-Mayfield Diner Tue, 01/6/09 5:09 PM (permalink)

Take some home??

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4463
      Re:Today's restaurant of the day-Mayfield Diner Tue, 01/6/09 5:40 PM (permalink)
      Twinwillow

I was amazed at how cheap the breakfast prices are here. Only a few dollars for eggs?
      That's pretty cheap to me. 
      How much is a breakfast plate of eggs, bacon, toast and potatoes at your favorite local breakfast stop?
      In Dallas at, The Original House Of Pancakes, a typical (standard) 2 egg breakfast runs over $10.00 with coffee.

Twinwillow, That's about average for this area.  Good, quick and cheap.

Post from another thread (Naked Roadfood):

joerogo

In my area we had a topless coffee house. 

Funny, when the waitress asked if you wanted milk for your coffee, everyone said no. 

Now I'm not the type of person who believes in coincidences.  But this one blew me away.

The restaurant on the Home Page today, The Mayfield Diner.  If I am correct, and I think I am.  This used to be the Topless Coffee House.

Chef Jay did the review.  Chef if you are out there, can you confirm this?

Baah Ben

• Total Posts: 3026
        Re:Today's restaurant of the day-Mayfield Diner Tue, 01/6/09 6:20 PM (permalink)
        Breakfast is such a boring meal..Sounds like a great idea to me...And the Board of Health approved it?

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15059
          • Roadfood Insider
          Re:Today's restaurant of the day-Mayfield Diner Wed, 01/7/09 11:51 AM (permalink)

Speaking breakfast prices, We had a small chain (4 restaurants) of Cafes in our extended High desert Community in SCal (Molly Brown's Country Kitchen) that cranked out some really big breakfasts for very moderate prices. The reviews I found when checking the current status lead me to believe the quality and pricing is still good, but they don't have a direct website to allow us to show the menu...  The one dish that I would order during a morning of train-photography was The LUMBERJACK Special... 3 eggs, Bacon, and Ham, and Sausage and CF Steak(small), Home Fries, with either Toast, Biscuit and gravy, or 3 Pancakes. Price $7.50 !!
            I could do this one easily, but would skip lunch that day !!

BillyB

• Total Posts: 2851
            Re:Today's restaurant of the day-Mayfield Diner Thu, 02/5/09 10:50 AM (permalink)
            We run an in house cafeteria service for a large company. Two eggs any style, Hashbrowns, 3 bacon $4.25.......Two french toast, two eggs, 2 country sausage $4.25....We have to keep prices low in a work situation. In most restaurants that serve 3 meals a day, the food cost is the lowest on breakfast.
            bacon cost .16ea
            hashbrowns .20 per order
            eggs .............12 ea.......( Used to be .06ea ) Darn Chickens

I agree Breakfast is boring and I am always looking for new ideas. I think people look at breakfast as being  comfort food. We sell a lot of Biscuits and Country gravy, and chicken fried steak, country gravy, two eggs and hashbrowns for $4.50

stanpnepa

• Total Posts: 575
              Re:Today's restaurant of the day-Mayfield Diner Thu, 02/5/09 11:35 AM (permalink)
              Topless Coffee House?   In our area?   Joe, are you sure?   :)

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4463
                Re:Today's restaurant of the day-Mayfield Diner Thu, 02/5/09 12:11 PM (permalink)
                stanpnepa

Topless Coffee House?   In our area?   Joe, are you sure?   :)

Stan, I was never there, but it was all the rage for a while.

Danial's and Webster from Rock 107 did a live broadcast from there once.  Hilarious.

brittneal

• Total Posts: 1265
                  Re:Today's restaurant of the day-Mayfield Diner Thu, 02/5/09 12:36 PM (permalink)

in denver there was a topless donut shop.  it was still going when i left in '87

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
                    Re:Today's restaurant of the day-Mayfield Diner Thu, 02/5/09 12:38 PM (permalink)
                    The Maid-Rite 50's Diner in the Metro Center in Peoria regularly runs coupon specials for up to 4 people on their "Route 66" (2 sausage links, 2 bacon strips, 2 eggs & 2 pancakes) for $3.99, their "Juke Box" (2 sausage links, 2 bacon strips, 2 eggs, 2 pieces toast & hash browns) for $4.75 and "Rite Browns" (hash browns topped with shredded cheese and Maid-Rite meat) for $3.99.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                      • No New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                      • Read Message
                      • Post New Thread
                      • Reply to message
                      • Post New Poll
                      • Submit Vote
                      • Post reward post
                      • Delete my own posts
                      • Delete my own threads
                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com