Catfish Place in Camden, TN

Author
markobop
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2009/01/13 22:08:44 (permalink)

Catfish Place in Camden, TN

This is my first post here, so I hope I'm doing things right.  This afternoon I ate at a great catfish restaurant in Camden, Tennessee, called The Catfish Place.  I was in the area on business, and the restaurant looked like a good place to stop for lunch.

They offer catfish fillets and whole fish (called "fiddlers" there).  I got the catfish plate, which had two whole catfish -- they also offer a dinner with three fish.  For $7.19 plus tax, the plate included sides of beans, cole slaw (you're choice of vinegar- or mayo-based), turnip greens, a potato (baked or FF), 3 large hushpuppies, sliced onions, two whole fish, and slew of lemon wedges.  Drinks are extra.  Everything was good, and the catfish were large (maybe 12-13") and very moist/tender. 

The Catfish Place is on the main drag through town, at 201 Highway 641 N., Camden, in West Tennessee.  That puts it about 12 miles north of the freeway (I-40), and about 14 miles south of Paris, TN.  Sort of in the middle of nowhere... :-)

Anyway, I've often enjoyed reading these forums, especially when I'm going to be traveling.  I did a search and didn't see anything about this place, so I thought I would add a note.

Regards, Mark

8 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1