The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

sub sanwiches

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
sub sanwiches Wed, 01/14/09 2:03 PM (permalink)
No pictures, my friends, but just want to report in on a great sub I had today from an independent market. i live 3/4 of a mile from a place named Karls Country Market.Best meat in town, as the owner and his son grind their own meat, have great cuts of others, and still make their own coldcuts.What a treat! Karl is from Germany, so every sausage he makes has a distinct flavor and a name I cannot pronounce. As an employee of the one of the most famous locally owned sub chain, it is ironic that I have found a better sub. Although as you guys in previous threads have mentioned the importance of bread-and I agree-and where I am employed we actually bake the bread-this was superior. In laymans terms, the sub consisted of salami, bologna, lettuce, tomato, great strong onions, swiss and cheddar, butter and mayo.The butter thing is what got me to try it-a very German tradition, and Mom put butter on every sandwich she made. As did her father. The sub also had oil and oregano on it.But the bread was wonderful! Tough, Italian from a local bakery-chewy yet soft.About a 4 inch sandwich for $ 2.00. Any of you Roadfooders who get  just this far from Milwaukee will enjoy Karls. They also do a wonderful take out fish fry I will report on later.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com