sub sanwiches

Author
ann peeples
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8474
2009/01/14 14:03:22 (permalink)

sub sanwiches

No pictures, my friends, but just want to report in on a great sub I had today from an independent market. i live 3/4 of a mile from a place named Karls Country Market.Best meat in town, as the owner and his son grind their own meat, have great cuts of others, and still make their own coldcuts.What a treat! Karl is from Germany, so every sausage he makes has a distinct flavor and a name I cannot pronounce. As an employee of the one of the most famous locally owned sub chain, it is ironic that I have found a better sub. Although as you guys in previous threads have mentioned the importance of bread-and I agree-and where I am employed we actually bake the bread-this was superior. In laymans terms, the sub consisted of salami, bologna, lettuce, tomato, great strong onions, swiss and cheddar, butter and mayo.The butter thing is what got me to try it-a very German tradition, and Mom put butter on every sandwich she made. As did her father. The sub also had oil and oregano on it.But the bread was wonderful! Tough, Italian from a local bakery-chewy yet soft.About a 4 inch sandwich for $ 2.00. Any of you Roadfooders who get  just this far from Milwaukee will enjoy Karls. They also do a wonderful take out fish fry I will report on later.

16 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1