The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

All your Roadfood gear will be outdated this weekend

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 33 of 33
CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
  • Roadfood Insider
Re:All your Roadfood gear will be outdated this weekend Fri, 01/16/09 5:07 PM (permalink)
HDtravlr1

What roadfood gear? All we have are roadfood books and a roadfood website. You got me wondering.

You didnt get your secret decoder ring yet?? 

carolina bob

• Total Posts: 3420
    Re:All your Roadfood gear will be outdated this weekend Sat, 01/17/09 1:59 AM (permalink)
    Mark - I'm in shock! I never expected to find a fellow Godzilla fan on roadfood.com; you just never know, huh? Love the Gamera photos - I recognize the animated shot as being from " Gamera Vs. Guiron ", or, in the US, " Attack of the Monsters ". I have a friend in Chicago who builds gorgeous models of Japanese monsters from scratch; let me know if you'd like to see pictures and I'll give you his website address. He's been to Tokyo a number of times and has been fortunate enough to visit Toho Studios. Wish it was me........                  Bob

doggydaddy

• Total Posts: 1847
      Re:All your Roadfood gear will be outdated this weekend Sat, 01/17/09 10:24 AM (permalink)

Hi Bob,

My collection takes up a whole room and is worth $$$.  I have learned how to read "Do not glue' in Japanese.  I could write a book, as I have many books on this topic, some in English.
      While I wish I could visit Toho,  I have visited ILM*** and saw the Godzilla suit used for the Charles Barkley Nike commercial.  ...and there is more to -that- story.  People at ILM and Skywalker Ranch grew up with big monster destruction.
      Contact me via e-mail.

mark

****a serious geek moment, as I was in the studio where a room full of props from many of George and Steven's better known films were just sitting around.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
        Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 33 of 33

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com