The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Woody's (Minonk IL)

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4714
Woody's (Minonk IL) Wed, 01/21/09 8:53 AM (permalink)
The day before Thanksgiving 2008 found us on the road and we stopped at Woody's Family Restaurant in Minonk, Illinois.  It's right off of I-39 and shares a building with a gas station and a Subway.  Has anyone here ever stopped there before?

Kathy had biscuits and gravy with a scrambled egg.  Compared to other sausage gravies I've had this one wasn't as thick and could've used more meat, and I thought the flavor was too mild.  The egg had a good fresh taste.

I had an omelet with ham, mushrooms, and cheese.  It started out OK but the American cheese was poorly distributed and about halfway through I hit a big, gooey pocket of it, and as the omelet had started to cool the cheese was starting to firm up.  Up to that point it was pretty decent even with the canned mushrooms, but after that the balance was way off.  The hash browns were good but the rye toast was a little tough; I suspect it might've come from a loaf that'd been around for awhile.

This was the first time we'd ever stopped here and we were both a little disappointed, although the food got the job done and we weren't hungry anymore.  Maybe some of the first-string kitchen staff had the day off because of the holiday?  Hard to say...perhaps the results would've been different had it been 8am on an ordinary Wednesday.  But I'd stop again to try out some of the other menu items as Woody's serves lunch and dinner, and I'm not afraid to give a place a second chance.  The service was very good; while the restaurant wasn't very crowded our waitress was working both the floor and the cash register and she didn't fall behind.

Brad

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com