"The Roadfood people would LOVE this place!"

Author
stricken_detective
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2330
2009/02/08 19:47:36 (permalink)

"The Roadfood people would LOVE this place!"

Last summer 2 of my coworkers made a bet about the election. The one who lost had to buy the winner's meal at a good restaurant.

The winner picked Phan's. It's in Milwaukee proper, on 20th & National. I came from the west side & took the 35th street exit. I turned right & went over the Valley. At National I made a left & went down to 20th & made a right, since they have a parking lot.

My friends were already there (shocking) and we ordered right away. We shared appetizers. We chose shrimp balls, quail, beef spring rolls & pork egg rolls. I also chose an avocado drink. I wasn't sure about avocado as a drink & especially not a sweet drink, but it was outstanding. Smooth & creamy, not too sweet, and the perfect mild complement to the meal. My friend from work ordered a Vietnamese iced coffee & our former coworker (Diane, who has come with on some Roadfood outings) ordered a Three Color drink, which was coconut milk with red & green Jell-o. It was delicious.

My friend ordered a pork chop with rice & shrimp. Diane ordered make your own beef springrolls. I got a seafood dish with soft noodles, but I had them make it a little spicy. Everything was fantastic! Diane kept saying through the meal, "Omg, the Roadfooders would love this place!" so of course I took pictures:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=4lhy15d.27e0u33l&x=0&y=-4wc887&localeid=en_US

Along with the awesome weather, it was a great day! This place is a family owned business, and just as good as Thai BBQ.
post edited by stricken_detective - 2009/02/08 19:49:26

10 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1