The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

New Orleans Ticket Question

Justanotheronionhead

• Total Posts: 4
New Orleans Ticket Question Wed, 02/11/09 4:00 PM (permalink)
The New Orleans trip sounds extraordinary!  My husband and I purchased two tickets to the Saturday evening event.  Unfortunately, now we are moving that very weekend and must cancel our trip.  Is there a way for us to get our tickets refunded or resell them?

Denise

Justanotheronionhead

Re:New Orleans Ticket Question Thu, 02/12/09 12:57 AM (permalink)
    We'll take the lack of a response from our last THREE inquiries into the issue as Road Food's answer that we have no recourse two months out from the event.  Perhaps you should put this information on your page selling the New Orleans event tickets.  I think buyers should know that there is no refund policy.  There isn't even a policy to respond to questions about a refund.  I cannot believe I wasted money to support your site by becoming an Insider.  I'd like that refunded, as well.  I won't wait for your response.

<message edited by Justanotheronionhead on Thu, 02/12/09 1:10 AM>

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3699
      Re:New Orleans Ticket Question Thu, 02/12/09 1:06 AM (permalink)
      On what basis will you be disputing the charges?  Was there some type of fraud perpetuated here that we should all know about?

Justanotheronionhead

Re:New Orleans Ticket Question Thu, 02/12/09 1:15 AM (permalink)
        We purchased our tickets to the New Orleans event.  We are now scheduled to move into a new home on the weekend we were to be in New Orleans.  We can't change the move date because of work commitments.  We wrote to Road Food asking about a possible refund or partial refund, or ability to resell our tickets on the site.  We contacted two people and never received a response.  So, I placed my question on the Insider forum and hoped to receive even an acknowledgment of my inquiry today.  Again, there was no response.  That is the story.  Shame, really. 

brittneal

• Total Posts: 1265
          Re:New Orleans Ticket Question Thu, 02/12/09 5:48 AM (permalink)

Is it allowable to sell the tickets to another member?  If so you might be able to do that.  If you recall they had to add another bus as they sold out the original amount.

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3699
            Re:New Orleans Ticket Question Thu, 02/12/09 9:25 AM (permalink)
            Justanotheronionhead

We purchased our tickets to the New Orleans event.  We are now scheduled to move into a new home on the weekend we were to be in New Orleans.  We can't change the move date because of work commitments.

Just so I understand....YOUR situation changed, yes?  If you purchased concert tickets or theater tickets or tickets to a ballgame, would you expect a refund if you were somehow unable to attend?  Why would this be any different?  There are still tickets available to this event, for sale through this web site.  Perhaps as the date nears and those tickets sell out, there may be an opportunity for you to post your available tickets for re-purchase.  In the meantime, I would look at ebay, craigslist or some other venue through which you may be able to recoup some of your money, if that is what is important to you.

Justanotheronionhead
            We wrote to Road Food asking about a possible refund or partial refund, or ability to resell our tickets on the site.  We contacted two people and never received a response.  So, I placed my question on the Insider forum and hoped to receive even an acknowledgment of my inquiry today.  Again, there was no response.  That is the story.  Shame, really. 

I don't know about your previous email activities or when they were done (you edited that part in to your original post), but ON THIS THREAD you didn't get a response for all of nine hours.  It is possible that the folks responsible for organizing the event in question just didn't see it in the time you posted it?

You seem a little quick on the trigger. 

shaden65

Re:New Orleans Ticket Question Thu, 02/12/09 10:37 AM (permalink)
              Why not give them as a gift?  Then perhaps someone will reciprocate and be generous to you next time!

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Re:New Orleans Ticket Question Thu, 02/12/09 11:20 AM (permalink)
                You can transfer your tickets to anyone.  Just send them a copy of your PayPal receipt once the transaction is complete.  Your receipt is essentially the ticket to the event.

oDey in LA

• Total Posts: 57
                  Re:New Orleans Ticket Question Wed, 02/25/09 2:13 PM (permalink)

You can transfer your tickets to anyone. Just send them a copy of your PayPal receipt once the transaction is complete. Your receipt is essentially the ticket to the event.

I just stumbled upon the above post today. Glad I did as I now know how to confirm that I had reservations. I had sent several e-mails asking the question but never had any reply. So then as I understand it I should bring a copy of the paypal. 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                    • Read Message
                    • Post New Thread
                    • Reply to message
                    • Post New Poll
                    • Submit Vote
                    • Post reward post
                    • Delete my own posts
                    • Delete my own threads
                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com