Nanny's Kitchen's Little Piggy Sandwich (with pics)

Author
fattybomatty
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1017
2009/02/13 14:33:27 (permalink)

Nanny's Kitchen's Little Piggy Sandwich (with pics)

My mother owns a restaurant called Nanny's Kitchen in North Plainfield, NJ.  I was taking some pics for her website (nannyskitchen.110mb.com  shameful plug I know) of the food and decided to have one of her Little Piggy sandwiches.  I figured I'd post about it on here. 

If anyone has ever eaten a Fat Sandwich at Rutgers, the Little Piggy is Nanny's version of those.  I have had both and I may be biased, but I think Nanny's quality is better.  Better roll, meat, fries, etc.  Nanny has a couple pre-set Little Piggies you can order, but most people just grab a slip and create their own.  The one I made today was a cheese steak, topped with pork roll, fries, fried onions, pickles, hot sauce, and bbq sauce.  I was really torn as to what kind of sauce I should get.  It is sometimes hard to think which condiment really goes with this mixture.  I am glad I went with the bbq sauce and hot sauce.    I knew the sauce mixture would be fine with the cheese steak and fries, but wasn't so sure if it would go well with the pork roll.  To my delight, the mixture of the salt from the pork roll went nicely with the condiment combination.  I should have asked for extra fried onions though.  I didn't really taste them enough.  The sandwich is $5.99.  I was completely full after eating it.

I got a side of potato salad and a pickle too.  It was too much for me.  I took one bite of the potato salad and didn't touch the pickle.  Plus, I don't know why I got a pickle when I had pickles on the sandwich.  Didn't really think that one through.  She just asked if I wanted a pickle and I couldn't say no.  I switched plates because I didn't think my camera was picking up the potato salad on the white plate.  Turns out it was and apparently I'm just blind or an idiot.  Probably both.  Well here are the pics.  I hope you guys enjoy.

post edited by fattybomatty - 2009/04/12 18:51:08

35 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1