The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

SK Bob's Chinese Take-Out - Daytona Beach, FL

Baah Ben

• Total Posts: 3026
SK Bob's Chinese Take-Out - Daytona Beach, FL Fri, 02/13/09 3:27 PM (permalink)
Ok..So the real name is China Wok.  But, to me it will always be SK Bob's Chinese Take-Out.  Since they were doing a good lunch business when I was there, I'm sure Sk doesn't mind being their partner.

Bob has been after me to try this place for a while since I've been touting Leahan's right down the street as my favorite Chinese place in this area.  So, last week I stopped in after having two slices at Pete's and just tried their won ton soup.  PLEASE, for those of you who are fans of Chinese Chinese food, just disregard this post.  This is for those of us who love American Chinese food.

Anyway, I really liked the won ton soup very much.  The broth was good and the won tons were huge and filled with a tasty pork filling.  They also give you a bag of homemade table noodles that were very good, too.

Today, I went back for lunch to actually try their food.  I ordered an egg roll (as good as Lehann's) and Kung Po Shrimp.  The entree consisted of good quality ingredients and they made an extra effort by placing several large sized pieces of red bell peppers in the dish.  At $4.00 a pound, you can see that these people are interested in "doing the right thing."  

But, the seasoning for this particular dish lacked flavor.  It was spicy hot, but it lacked enough seasoning.  I will go back and try another dish...It definitely deserves a second try. 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com