Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

GABATONI’S RESTAURANT in Springfield Illinois

Dr of BBQ

• Total Posts: 3716
  • Roadfood Insider
GABATONI’S RESTAURANT in Springfield Illinois Sun, 03/8/09 7:37 AM (permalink)
GABATONI’S RESTAURANT in Springfield Illinois
A la carte: Gabatoni's plans to open drive-up location
The owner of GABATONI’S RESTAURANT is planning to open a drive-up/take-out location off Stevenson Drive early this summer.
Located in a former DOMINO’S PIZZA building at 3219 Lake Plaza Road, GABATONI’S ON THE PLAZA will have a drive-up window, take-out service and delivery. There will be no indoor seating.

“I thought it was time to try it,” said owner Rosalie Beck. “The college and the lake are out there, and it’s closer to the Rochester area. “The freestanding building became available and it had plenty of parking.”

Beck plans to offer a limited menu at the satellite location: pizza, breadsticks, dessert and possibly a few sandwiches. The Gabatoni’s at 300 E. Laurel St. will remain open.

“We have some of the same customers here who came in when my parents opened the restaurant 58 years ago at Third and Washington,” said Beck.

Besides pizza, Gabatoni’s has a full menu of pastas, sandwiches, Italian sausage, horseshoes, salads and appetizers.

By KATHRYN REM
THE STATE JOURNAL-REGISTER
Posted Mar 07, 2009 @ 10:00 PM

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4086
    Re:GABATONI’S RESTAURANT in Springfield Illinois Sun, 03/8/09 5:31 PM (permalink)
    We really enjoyed Gabatoni's when we joined the Dr. and his right hand man, Leonardo there for dinner a couple Christmases ago.  Excellent thin crust pizza and a tasty rendition of the classic Horseshoe Sandwich to boot!

But I'm not sure a drive through version would work.  I mean, where are they gonna hang the paintings of the dogs playing poker at a drive through?

Buddy

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com