The Parkette Re-opens

Author
jman
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1366
2009/03/10 10:38:32 (permalink)

The Parkette Re-opens

The Parkette Drive-in in Lexington, KY has re-opened.  I know where I'll be eating the next trip up to Lexington.  I may even drive up just to go to The Parkette

4 Replies Related Threads

buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10516
    Re:The Parkette Re-opens 2009/03/10 10:56:51 (permalink)
    Never been there, but it is still great to see a place like this reopen.  You can tell how much it means to the local community.
    rumaki
    • Total Posts : 1085
    Re:The Parkette Re-opens 2009/03/10 11:26:27 (permalink)
    My husband and I went to the Parkette several years ago.  The food then was so-so, but they did have car-hop service, plus that fabulous neon sign, so it was a great nostalgic experience. 

It sounds better than ever, and I'll look forward to visiting on my next trip to the area.

Coming on the heels of the story earlier this week about the closing of Kaelin's in Louisville, this news is even more welcome!
    jman
    • Total Posts : 1366
    Re:The Parkette Re-opens 2009/03/10 11:53:25 (permalink)
    rumaki

My husband and I went to the Parkette several years ago.  The food then was so-so, but they did have car-hop service, plus that fabulous neon sign, so it was a great nostalgic experience. 

It sounds better than ever, and I'll look forward to visiting on my next trip to the area.

Coming on the heels of the story earlier this week about the closing of Kaelin's in Louisville, this news is even more welcome!

The guys who owned it before the current owners didn't do well with it.  Their intentions were good, but I don't think they put much time into it personally.  One of them owns the Lexington Legends baseball team and the other one is the CEO of the third largest Applebee's franchisee in the U.S.  Neither of them were going to roll up their sleeves and dive in. 

Hopefully, the new owners will give it the attention it needs.
    carolina bob
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3420
    Re:The Parkette Re-opens 2009/03/10 12:13:43 (permalink)
    I ate at the Parkette back in the '90s ( car-hop service ), and I had the fried chicken dinner. The chicken was good but not great, but it was the overall experience that put a big smile on my face. Talk about 1950s nostalgia! I love this place, and I'm looking forward to going back later this year. The roadside Parkette sign is a real beauty; classic '50s signage.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1