The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Pics from NE PA meet up

Mosca

• Total Posts: 2931
Pics from NE PA meet up Sun, 03/15/09 10:51 PM (permalink)
Joerogo put together a meet up with buffetbuster, his cousin John, stanpnepa, and myself.

We started early, before 8AM... Tony's in Kingston PA.

A Fat Bastard:

Stan waits patiently, his guardian angel on his shoulder:

Italian eggs benedict, on the plate of joerogo:

I ordered the Fat Bastard, although I thought I was ordering the Italian Eggs Benedict (I pointed and said, "I'll have THAT," thinking they were both the same). It was different; lots of unexpected flavors in there, maybe a little cinnamon and nutmeg. Good stuff.

At that point, I had to go to work. The following gap represents the 9 hours that bb, John, and Joe went separate directions while I toiled:

I caught up with everyone that night, at Ghigiarelli's (pronounced "gingerellies"):

Mr and Mrs Rogo, our most gracious tour guides:

Ghig's is the same as it was when it first opened in 1277; the paneling, the linoleum, the fixtures, the bar, it is all unchanged.

Bb and cousin John; John looks like he is ready to pack it in for the night, but he is a mangiatore of the first order, and was with the program to the end:

I was late coming from work; they had already finished the tripe and the sofritto by the time I arrived, and the pizza was on the way!

Ghig's red is characterized by a sweet and oniony sauce, a crispy crust, and mild cheese, possibly brick or jack. It was spot on tonight, perfectly balanced:

Ghig's white, actually ALL Old Forge white, is best described as a grilled cheese pizza sandwich with rosemary:

I love the white, others aren't so sure.

To be continued...
<message edited by Mosca on Sun, 03/15/09 11:55 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com