Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Food Network "personality" Ted Allen

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 57 of 57
JayL

• Total Posts: 213
Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Fri, 02/14/14 3:32 PM (permalink)
WarToad

Last night I noticed he's off the new 2014 Chopped.  Greener pastures somewhere.

And LOL!  Nice Necro of a 2009 thread!

Is he off the show or were you watching Chopped Canada?  I saw the Canadian version on in the past day or so...and I'm in South Carolina.

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9526
    Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Sat, 02/15/14 2:22 AM (permalink)
    He looks, acts and sounds like a country bumpkin announcer on a small TV station in Booneysville KY or AL or WV, or OK who does the sports, weather, news, morning show and sweeps the floor.
    ( no offense KY, AL, WV & OK)
    <message edited by Foodbme on Sat, 02/15/14 2:23 AM>

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6093
      Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Sat, 02/15/14 12:25 PM (permalink)
      Ted Allen looks like some guy who was walking down the street, the producers of Chopped, realized they didn't have a MC, they just grabbed him, told him what to say, and don't smile. He still can't figure out what happened, and what he's doing there!

Texascajun

• Total Posts: 115
        Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Sat, 02/15/14 3:26 PM (permalink)
        That's funny!

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6208
          Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Sat, 02/15/14 4:02 PM (permalink)
          chewingthefat

Ted Allen looks like some guy who was walking down the street, the producers of Chopped, realized they didn't have a MC, they just grabbed him, told him what to say, and don't smile. He still can't figure out what happened, and what he's doing there!

You crack me up! 
          To me, the most annoying one is Sandra Lee with her matching curtains, matching clothes, matching tablecloth, matching flowers, matching everything.  Bleech.   

Foodbme

Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Sat, 02/15/14 4:34 PM (permalink)
            lleechef

chewingthefat

You crack me up! 
            To me, the most annoying one is Sandra Lee with her matching curtains, matching clothes, matching tablecloth, matching flowers, matching everything.  Bleech.   

Sandra Lee also has nice matching Boobies!!!!! 

gostillerz

• Total Posts: 218
              Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Sat, 02/15/14 5:14 PM (permalink)
              He's a hell of a lot better than Mo Rocca! I dunno, I just miss Emeril Live. It was fun to watch even if you weren't interested in what the theme was for that day. Wish they'd air them again. I'm watching more cooking shows on YouTube anymore.

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6093
                Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Sat, 02/15/14 5:22 PM (permalink)
                gostillerz

He's a hell of a lot better than Mo Rocca! I dunno, I just miss Emeril Live. It was fun to watch even if you weren't interested in what the theme was for that day. Wish they'd air them again. I'm watching more cooking shows on YouTube anymore.

Emeril was a great Showman, no doubt a great Chef, problem I had with him is he never cooked a damn thing I had any interest in...Hot potted Cottage Cheese with braised Rabbit Ears, ah pass again Emeril!

lleechef

Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Sat, 02/15/14 5:34 PM (permalink)
                  Foodbme

lleechef

chewingthefat

You crack me up! 

Sandra Lee also has nice matching Boobies!!!!! 

Giada's are better!!!

Foodbme

Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Sat, 02/15/14 5:41 PM (permalink)
                    IMHO, The Food Network has gone to hell in a handbasket.
                    Let's reminisce :
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg17STB93SM
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdUkvyY6sqc
                    <message edited by Foodbme on Sat, 02/15/14 5:44 PM>

lleechef

Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Sat, 02/15/14 5:57 PM (permalink)
                      The Food Network is pretty lame.  For example, today from 4PM to 11PM they're running "Worst Cooks in America".  Who the heck wants to watch that??

Texascajun

Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Sat, 02/15/14 6:24 PM (permalink)
                        I somewhat agree. I like DDD and Robert Irvine and that's all I can think of. I do miss Emeril and I think John Besh would be great on TFN. They both started at my favorite New Orleans restaurant Commanders Palace so they both know how to do an excellent turtle soup so I like 'em.

lleechef

Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Sat, 02/15/14 6:56 PM (permalink)
                          I always did like DDD because he goes to Roadfood-type places.  I liked Iron Chef America because the chefs are professionals and did some pretty amazing dishes with beautiful presentations.

Texascajun

Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Sat, 02/15/14 10:11 PM (permalink)
                            lleechef

I always did like DDD because he goes to Roadfood-type places.  I liked Iron Chef America because the chefs are professionals and did some pretty amazing dishes with beautiful presentations.

I forgot about Iron Chef. I liked it also. Great dishes and it amazed me the things they would make ice cream from.

JayL

• Total Posts: 213
                              Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Sat, 02/15/14 10:34 PM (permalink)
                              lleechef

I always did like DDD because he goes to Roadfood-type places.

DDD is such a great show concept.  A lot of people don't like Guy, but there is no one that could do that show as well.  His personality is perfect for it. 

harriet1954

• Total Posts: 1084
                                Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Wed, 02/19/14 4:08 PM (permalink)
                                JayL

lleechef

DDD is such a great show concept.  A lot of people don't like Guy, but there is no one that could do that show as well.  His personality is perfect for it. 

I just wish to God he'd change his hair. And Anne Burrell needs a hair makeover, as well. This is 2014, and younger (that's right) viewers just don't take him or her seriously with their 90s hair.
                                I used to watch "Chopped", but stopped out of boredom.

Now don't get me started on the Fox channel food shows, because I am privy to some "stuff" that people would either not believe I know the facts about, or they'd totally agree with me. And I won't name names or episodes. But don't get me started.

lleechef

Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Wed, 02/19/14 5:32 PM (permalink)
                                  Aw, come on Harriet spill your guts.  Tell us some juicy stuff about Fox channel food shows! 

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17801
                                    Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Wed, 02/19/14 6:21 PM (permalink)
                                    Fox channel food shows? I didn't know they had any.

Pancho

• Total Posts: 915
                                      Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Wed, 02/19/14 7:35 PM (permalink)
                                      harriet1954

JayL

lleechef

I just wish to God he'd change his hair. And Anne Burrell needs a hair makeover, as well. This is 2014, and younger (that's right) viewers just don't take him or her seriously with their 90s hair.
                                      I used to watch "Chopped", but stopped out of boredom.

Now don't get me started on the Fox channel food shows, because I am privy to some "stuff" that people would either not believe I know the facts about, or they'd totally agree with me. And I won't name names or episodes. But don't get me started.
                                      Yeah, come on Harriet! You ALREADY got started and there's no retreat for you now. Are his initials G.R.?

lleechef

Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Wed, 02/19/14 9:02 PM (permalink)
                                        G.R. is a raving, screaming lunatic. 

harriet1954

• Total Posts: 1084
                                          Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Fri, 02/21/14 4:26 PM (permalink)
                                          lleechef

G.R. is a raving, screaming lunatic. 

Honestly, he's not. Only gets paid for acting like it, though he does get pissed off in front of the camera. He's not the problem. Fox and their disgusting editors and producers are! If anybody's on Facebook, please give me a shout - I'm friends on there with a lot of people from here. I just don't wanna go into detail on here. I want to protect family and extended family, and if I open up a mouth, I won't stop and I'll end up getting sued (yep!) I wasn't "there", but somebody I gave birth to was!  

blue heaven

• Total Posts: 484
                                            Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Sat, 02/22/14 8:30 AM (permalink)
                                            I like Ted & Ina they are laid back and genuine not to mention intelligent and informative.  The one person that drives me crazy is Carla Hall (was on Top Chef, now a regular on The Chew), she is hyper, loud and obnoxious and tries to upstage the other co-hosts.  She even interrupts the guest celebrities on the show.

Pancho

Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Sat, 02/22/14 9:13 AM (permalink)
                                              blue heaven

I like Ted & Ina they are laid back and genuine not to mention intelligent and informative.  The one person that drives me crazy is Carla Hall (was on Top Chef, now a regular on The Chew), she is hyper, loud and obnoxious and tries to upstage the other co-hosts.  She even interrupts the guest celebrities on the show.
                                              and to think she used to be a "super model". If I owned a farm I'd leave her in the back forty to scare away the crows.

lleechef

Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Sat, 02/22/14 10:46 AM (permalink)
                                                Carla Hall used to be a "super model"??  Aside from the fact that she's obnoxious, she's butt-ugly!  Gisele Bündchen she ain't!!!

Pancho

Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Sat, 02/22/14 11:25 AM (permalink)
                                                  lleechef

Carla Hall used to be a "super model"??  Aside from the fact that she's obnoxious, she's butt-ugly!  Gisele Bündchen she ain't!!!
                                                  Hard to believe...this from Wikipedia...did you ever see her around town?

Modeling career

In 1988, Hall shifted focus and spent several years working as a model on the runways of Paris, Milan and London. It was in the first of these three cities that she quickly fell in love with the art of food.

lleechef

Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Sat, 02/22/14 5:52 PM (permalink)
                                                    Pancho

lleechef

Modeling career

In 1988, Hall shifted focus and spent several years working as a model on the runways of Paris, Milan and London. It was in the first of these three cities that she quickly fell in love with the art of food.

If she was working on a runway in Paris, it must have been at Charles de Gaulle Airport!!!!  No, maybe it was at Roissy Airport, fewer people.

Foodbme

Re:Food Network "personality" Ted Allen Sat, 02/22/14 8:30 PM (permalink)
                                                      lleechef

Pancho

lleechef

Modeling career

If she was working on a runway in Paris, it must have been at Charles de Gaulle Airport!!!!  No, maybe it was at Roissy Airport, fewer people.

Now, THAT'S Funny right there!!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                        Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 57 of 57

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                        • No New Messages
                                                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                        • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                        • Read Message
                                                        • Post New Thread
                                                        • Reply to message
                                                        • Post New Poll
                                                        • Submit Vote
                                                        • Post reward post
                                                        • Delete my own posts
                                                        • Delete my own threads
                                                        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com