The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Today's RF Digest- Crawfish, Boudin, and Zydeco Breakfasts in Breaux Bridge

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9548
Today's RF Digest- Crawfish, Boudin, and Zydeco Breakfasts in Breaux Bridge Sat, 03/28/09 7:58 PM (permalink)
I went to the Cafe' Des Amis web site - http://www.cafedesamis.com/ and looked at the Sat. AM menu!!! WOW!!! I would love to try the Eggs Begnaud as well as everything else on the menu!
Eggs Begnaud is a grilled biscuit with eggs on top covered in a crawfish au gratin sauce. You can get it covered in crawfish etouffee if you prefer. It is served with a side of grits- I would order andouille sausage grits with cheese. This is the Cajun version of Southern Biscuits & Gravy which I love but this sounds like it might top that!

Foodbme

Re:Today's RF Digest- Crawfish, Boudin, and Zydeco Breakfasts in Breaux Bridge Sat, 03/28/09 11:00 PM (permalink)
    The "Big Hat" Breakfast Omelete with crawfish etouffee or au gratin sounds good too!

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
      • Roadfood Insider
      Re:Today's RF Digest- Crawfish, Boudin, and Zydeco Breakfasts in Breaux Bridge Sat, 03/28/09 11:43 PM (permalink)
      The food at Cafe Des Amis is AWESOME.  Saturday mornings are packed, but the food and atmosphere is well worth it.

Foodbme

Re:Today's RF Digest- Crawfish, Boudin, and Zydeco Breakfasts in Breaux Bridge Sun, 03/29/09 12:01 AM (permalink)
        CajunKing

The food at Cafe Des Amis is AWESOME.  Saturday mornings are packed, but the food and atmosphere is well worth it.

I know you live in Indiana now but where are you from in Cajun Country?

• Total Posts: 1
          Re:Today's RF Digest- Crawfish, Boudin, and Zydeco Breakfasts in Breaux Bridge Tue, 07/28/09 11:37 PM (permalink)
          I was just being nosy -the word crawfish caught my eye and thought I had found someone from home state-I live in Poplarville, Ms now but grew up in my teen years down in the parish-St. Bernard, and before that grew up on Annunciation St. in uptown new Orleans--

so glad to meet all of y'all!!

Foodbme

Re:Today's RF Digest- Crawfish, Boudin, and Zydeco Breakfasts in Breaux Bridge Wed, 07/29/09 2:47 AM (permalink)

I was just being nosy -the word crawfish caught my eye and thought I had found someone from home state-I live in Poplarville, Ms now but grew up in my teen years down in the parish-St. Bernard, and before that grew up on Annunciation St. in uptown new Orleans--

so glad to meet all of y'all!!

WELCOME TO ROADFOOD!
            There's a TON of information on here about all things LA, Cajun, NOLA, good eats, etc. Just use the "Search" function on here to find all the topics on the best food in the world!

boyardee65

• Total Posts: 1457
              Re:Today's RF Digest- Crawfish, Boudin, and Zydeco Breakfasts in Breaux Bridge Wed, 07/29/09 5:23 AM (permalink)
               Another variation of this dish is "Kentucky Hot Brown" which the little wify and I made last Thursday. English muffins toasted with fresh roasted turkey, peppered bacon, grilled tomato, and Mornay sauce. An outstanding dish for breakfast if you add a poached egg or two. But a very satisfying dinner! I will run this as a lunch special at the restaurant where I work.

David O.

BelleReve

• Total Posts: 1136
                Re:Today's RF Digest- Crawfish, Boudin, and Zydeco Breakfasts in Breaux Bridge Fri, 07/31/09 1:04 PM (permalink)
                Welcome 39470 - nice to have a neighbor on the forum 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                  • No New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                  • Read Message
                  • Post New Thread
                  • Reply to message
                  • Post New Poll
                  • Submit Vote
                  • Post reward post
                  • Delete my own posts
                  • Delete my own threads
                  • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                  What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com