Bella Roma (Stoughton WI)

Author
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5215
2009/04/15 11:59:58 (permalink)

Bella Roma (Stoughton WI)

A new Italian restaurant has opened in Stoughton, which is southeast of Madison.  My wife and I ate there last night and thought it was pretty good, although we by no means claim to be experts on Italian food.

We started with an antipasti bowl - a generous serving olives, cheese cubes, and salami cubes drizzled with olive oil and served with grilled bread, and with a couple of glasses of wine it would've made a lunch or light supper by itself.  Kathy had ziti baked with red sauce and Italian sausage, and I had ravioli stuffed with ricotta and chopped portobellos and topped with a vodka-cream-tomato sauce.  No dessert for me but Kathy had a cannoli that she liked.

Over dinner she told me a story that she'd heard from a woman in her cross-stitch group.  Apparently the woman's daughter's family had a visitor/exchange person from Italy so they took him to Olive Garden, and because of that he fixed the family some real Italian food the next night.

The dining room was fairly full for a Tuesday night; probably mostly first-timers as the restaurant hasn't been open that long.  We're planning on going back, though, and I hope it does well.  Our dinner came to $45 for the appetizer, 2 entrees, 1 dessert, 2 beers (Peroni), and a soda.

Menu

Brad
post edited by Brad_Olson - 2009/04/15 12:01:25

6 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1