Prince's hot chicken shack

Author
Boofoo
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
2009/04/20 15:56:52 (permalink)

Prince's hot chicken shack

First a little background, me and some freinds were making a weekend roadtrip to eat at some of the places we've read about and seen on tv over the last few years. Me and my buddy love spicy food, if you and sweating you ain't eating. And going to less than stellar areas have never been an issue for either of us.
OK so after reading and some research we decided we would head to Prince's, now having taken a word of caution I ordered Medium. My friend who would normal order Hot heard me so he followed suit. A mere hour later they call our numbers we get our chicken head to the car and back to the hotel. Figuring the drive would allow the heat from cooking to cool down so we didn't burn ourselves.
On the way back we stopped and grabbed a 12 pack also by reasoning that there are fewer good delights in life more enjoyable than hot chicken and ice cold beer.
Upon arriving at our room we sit down pop open a beer and unwrap our chicken. To see this feiry red/blackish thing staring back at us. One of the girls spied the pickle on the top on mine and grabbed it she popped it in her mouth then started to cry and chug water and beer down to calm the fire.
We looked at each other and took our first bites. The only thing I can compare it to is having someone spray Pepperspray in your mouth. The heat and pain were intense. Ok so we try to use some logic maybe the spice is just in the skin/breading. So we peel some off to get to the meat and it's red too. Now granted the meat was soft and juicy and if not for the burning would have been great.
IN short for those thinking of going there prepare yourself. I can eat the hottest wings at hooters without issue, same with BW3's even though I normally order a lower heat range, but I could not eat more of the skin/breading of prince's medium.

Of course perhaps some more locals/regulars can tell us if the Medium is suppose to be RED to the bone. IF not is it possible we were giving hot instead?

33 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1