Papa Murphy's take & bake chain

Author
DLnWPBrown
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 832
2009/04/28 14:59:05 (permalink)

Papa Murphy's take & bake chain

We recently got a Papa Murphy's take and bake pizza chain near our house so we decided to give them a try last night. I got an order of cheesy bread and a 5 meat stuffed. The cheesy bread was pre-made and ready to be baked, but I watched them build my stuffed pie. 

They took a regular pizza skin and covered it with a pizza sauce I had never seen before. It reminded me of tomato paste with tomato chunks on it and was spread on the crust with what looked like a spackle knife. It was then topped with the meats and cheese. The top crust was put on, smeared with sauce again and covered on top with cheese and hamburger.

I brought it home and cooked the cheesy bread first. It was good but a little salty to me, my wife really liked it though. As for the pizza itself, all I could taste was a bland crust and extremely strong tasting bacon, and not a good bacon flavor. We both had on slice and it went into the fridge. I don't know if I will eat anymore of it or not. I think I would prefer the regular crust or the thin. I still don't understand the take and bake craze though.

Dennis in Car

46 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1