Elvis, Cajun, Crawfish and Alligators - A Two Week RV Tour

Author
Davydd
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6359
2009/05/03 23:35:23 (permalink)

Driving to me is fun. We had already put on 34,000 miles covering 29 states in the past three seasons but this is the first year both my wife and I are retired with unlimited time.

Our travel mode is a Freightliner. No, not a semi. It is actually a Mercedes Benz Sprinter diesel powered van badged as a Freightliner that has been converted into a Class B motorhome by Pleasure-Way Industries, a Canadian company out of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. It has all the features of home. It has a refrigerator/freezer, two burner gas stove, microwave oven, kitchen sink, built in electric coffee pot, bathroom with vanity sink and shower, furnace, air-conditioning, propane generator, 30 gallon water tank, 6 gallon hot water heater, 19" HDTV/DVD and electric sofa that converts to a queen size bed. It is kind of small but the tight squeeze fanny to fanny moving around dances can be enjoyable.

The great thing is it is no wider or longer than an extended bed, crew cab Silverado pickup truck so you can park it just about anywhere and get in and out of restaurant parking lots which is important for roadfooding. Travel is economical as we average 22.5 mpg with our 5 cylinder turbo diesel engine.

This is it.

Here is our Photo Gallery and Slideshow showing it in great detail plus several of our past camping stops.

http://web.mac.com/davydd/Site/Vacations/Pages/Pleasure-Way.html

So it is now time to hit the road. Our destination this trip starting out in Minneapolis, MN is Acadiana Cajun country.

44 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1