WSM Smoke Day V - Presented by Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce

Author
JRPfeff
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2602
2009/05/04 20:30:26 (permalink)

WSM Smoke Day V - Presented by Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce

The big day is almost in sight and I am beginning to smell smoke.  My annual barbecue bash is set for May 23.  It runs from 2:00 until dusk.  Buddy is supplying the sauce again and is actually taking off from selling sauce to attend this year.

About WSM (Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker) Smoke Day.
Here's a little history...back in 2005, one of our members, Joel Kiess, suggested that everyone should barbecue with their WSM on the same day. Then, we'd all post descriptions and photos of what we cooked here on the bulletin board. We held Smoke Day I on May 28, 2005 and we're now in our fifth year.

Smoke Day is a great way to celebrate a lot of things...Memorial Day weekend, the beginning of summer, National BBQ Month (May), and the fun and enjoyment of WSM ownership!

New this year

My dear wife is baking pies for dessert.  Over 3 dozen of them!  She tested a new crust yesterday with a Granny Smith and blackberry filling.  Dang!  That was one of the best pies I have every eaten, both the crust and the filling.  She said that the apple-blackberry pie is not on the Smoke Day menu.  Someone needs to persuade her to change that decision.

Last year's entertainment will not be able to attend (XI Lives has a paying gig), but I expect a guest appearance of The King and we plan on Karaoke.

The Smoked Goods

Coming out of my smoking pit are the following:

Appetizers - Redneck Sushi, BBQ meatloaf, Atomic Camel Turds, and possibly more.

Entrees - Brisket, pulled pork, pulled beef, spareribs, back ribs, hotlinks, BBQ chicken, smoked turkey drumsticks, and a partridge over pear wood. 

Let me know if I missed anything.

Nothing in life is free

Your cost, one of the following:

1. A homemade side dish to share.* 
2. An appetizer to share.
3. An adult beverage to share.
4. Sing for your meal.

The choice is yours. 

Roadfooders are invited, send me a PM for directions.

See y'all on May 23.

*Be forewarned.  Store bought side dishes will go straight in the trash, and be the cause of ridicule and forced Karaoke.
post edited by JRPfeff - 2009/05/04 20:33:35

61 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1