Have You Seen Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches?

Author
seethesun
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 10
2009/05/10 05:03:36 (permalink)

Have You Seen Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches?

Hi,

This is my first post. I am looking to get a business started working as a food vendor at different events. I have a friend that has been doing it successfully for about seven years. She does doing various fried snacks (sweets and veggies). I was thinking about going that route, but then I remembered something I had at a food festival last spring, a fresh baked waffle topped with buttered pecan ice cream and drizzled with chocolate. My mouth is watering!

It was the first and only time I have seen it. It was absolutely the best tasting thing I have ever had at a fair/festival. They were not back at that event in the fall, nor this week (the event is back now). However, the people that were running it were two college students. So I don't know if them not being back means they did terrible or if they just didn't do it again.

My friend that has worked as a vendor over the past 7 years said she has never seen it. Most of her events are in Texas and Illinois. I was wondering if anyone here has seen it (or done it) and if it's something that works?

It tastes great, but my concern is that it's not enticing enough to pull enough people over, competing with funnel cakes (and the like), something I know people specifically look for (myself included).

But if no one is doing them, then that should automatically make me unique for that event.

Also, my friend mentioned the health department frowns on scopping the ice cream yourself and she just buys prewrapped servings. I am sure that varies by location, but wondered if you have any experience with that issue as well.

Thanks for any insight!

21 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1