The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Cincinnati Chili & Coney Crawl - May 9, 2009 - The Trip Report - Updated Part #2

Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 61 to 73 of 73
sammur

• Total Posts: 138
Re:Cincinnati Chili & Coney Crawl - May 9, 2009 - The Trip Report Wed, 05/20/09 12:11 PM (permalink)
CajunKing,
Where was the Graeter's that you went to or do they all have the pastries like a cheese crown.?
That was a Graet report.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
    Re:Cincinnati Chili & Coney Crawl - May 9, 2009 - The Trip Report Wed, 05/20/09 12:28 PM (permalink)
    good for you, Bob.I look forward to meeting you, finally!

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4486
      Re:Cincinnati Chili & Coney Crawl - May 9, 2009 - The Trip Report Wed, 05/20/09 1:00 PM (permalink)
      all graeters that have a bakery counter (and i *think* all of them in Cincinnati do) have cheese crowns

until they run out

so go early, eh?
      <message edited by TJ Jackson on Wed, 05/20/09 1:35 PM>

buffetbuster

Re:Cincinnati Chili & Coney Crawl - May 9, 2009 - The Trip Report Wed, 05/20/09 1:09 PM (permalink)
        Seeing Graeter's with a bakery counter is a bit of a novelty to me.  I have probably stopped at Graeter's more often in the Columbus area, especially the Grove City store, and had not seen a bakery counter before. 

jecutter

• Total Posts: 8
          Re:Cincinnati Chili & Coney Crawl - May 9, 2009 - The Trip Report Wed, 05/20/09 6:23 PM (permalink)

Some of the bakeries are bigger than others but the only Graeter's in the Cincy area that I've been to tht doesn't have a bakery counter is the one at Kings Island.

exsquidao

• Total Posts: 409
            Re:Cincinnati Chili & Coney Crawl - May 9, 2009 - The Trip Report Wed, 05/20/09 7:14 PM (permalink)
            I read the first page and saw the pics and thought how great and then a question popped into my head, what the hell is a "coney" then I went to the next pages thinking I would find an answer but lo and behold the only thing I found was the most DISGRACEFUL and ABSOLUTELY INAPPROPRIATE CARICATURE of George Washington, that photo has NO place on this web site and before you get all liberal free speech on me remember you invited this by the simple fact you put it here, the picture is disgraceful as is the person that published it and forget about my feelings for that s%^t town. Signed a PROUD VET.
            <message edited by exsquidao on Wed, 05/20/09 7:20 PM>

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
              • Roadfood Insider
              Re:Cincinnati Chili & Coney Crawl - May 9, 2009 - The Trip Report Wed, 05/20/09 11:06 PM (permalink)
              Exsquidao

I guess we will agree to disagree, since I am the disgraceful person who posted the picture.

The answer to your question:

a "coney" or coney island hot dog is a hot dog on a bun, covered in chili and cheese.

In Cincinnati you can get them with mustard and onion and they are delicious.

John A

• Total Posts: 4295
                Re:Cincinnati Chili & Coney Crawl - May 9, 2009 - The Trip Report Thu, 05/21/09 6:53 AM (permalink)
                Top shelf report and pictures. WOW. I do not know how y'all put away that much chow in one day.

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4467
                  Re:Cincinnati Chili & Coney Crawl - May 9, 2009 - The Trip Report Fri, 05/22/09 5:02 PM (permalink)
                  CK, Really good report.  I enjoyed the food selections and pictures.   

carolina bob

• Total Posts: 3420
                    Re:Cincinnati Chili & Coney Crawl - May 9, 2009 - The Trip Report Fri, 05/22/09 7:56 PM (permalink)

Here's a photo of some of the Cincinnati chili gang... 

carolina bob

• Total Posts: 3420
                      Re:Cincinnati Chili & Coney Crawl - May 9, 2009 - The Trip Report Fri, 05/22/09 8:03 PM (permalink)

The above lineup is, left to right, Buffetbuster, Mariton, CajunKing and JJJRFoodie. Below are Jecutter and his sweet daughter Emma. 
                      <message edited by nocarolina on Fri, 05/22/09 8:05 PM>

Time for Pie

• Total Posts: 54
                        Re:Cincinnati Chili & Coney Crawl - May 9, 2009 - The Trip Report Mon, 06/8/09 8:48 PM (permalink)
                        exsquidao

I read the first page and saw the pics and thought how great and then a question popped into my head, what the hell is a "coney" then I went to the next pages thinking I would find an answer but lo and behold the only thing I found was the most DISGRACEFUL and ABSOLUTELY INAPPROPRIATE CARICATURE of George Washington, that photo has NO place on this web site and before you get all liberal free speech on me remember you invited this by the simple fact you put it here, the picture is disgraceful as is the person that published it and forget about my feelings for that s%^t town. Signed a PROUD VET.

Kindly get over yourself, Mr. exsquidao.  Far worse caricatures of public figures appear in newspapers around the world on a daily basis.  The photo was of a publicly-displayed mural, with a meaning that is relevant to its location, as explained above.  I can't imagine what you would find disgraceful about it, but your reaction was over the top, and more offensive to me than the photo could ever be.  Also, please keep your comments about my hometown to yourself.  Being a "PROUD VET" has nothing to do with it...you sir, are out of line.  Your comment spoils an otherwise wonderful thread.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17848
                          Re:Cincinnati Chili & Coney Crawl - May 9, 2009 - The Trip Report Mon, 06/8/09 10:00 PM (permalink)
                          exsquidao

As a pround veteran I rejoice in the fact that we veterans have helped make sure that a campy portrait of our first Commander in Chief could hang freeely in a place named Camp Washington. I can't help wondering, though, how come the artist didn't show the lipstick that the general always wore when he went into drag mode.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                            Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 61 to 73 of 73

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                            • No New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                            • Locked w/ New Messages
                            • Locked w/o New Messages
                            • Read Message
                            • Post New Thread
                            • Reply to message
                            • Post New Poll
                            • Submit Vote
                            • Post reward post
                            • Delete my own posts
                            • Delete my own threads
                            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com