The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Dominick's serves a damn fine hot dog...

Mosca

• Total Posts: 2934
Dominick's serves a damn fine hot dog... Tue, 05/12/09 11:04 AM (permalink)
A quick search turns up that they use a Vienna Beef dog (thanks, Uncle Vic). I don't know the size, but it's pretty big, and IMO, really good. I had one with sauerkraut and brown mustard, and one with peppers and onions and yellow mustard. I loved them both, but if forced to pick only one set of toppings I'd probably pick ketchup... naw, j/k, I'd go with the peppers and onions and yellow mustard. If not forced to pick, I'll always do the split.

If your town has no good hot dog stands, but has a Lowe's with the truck in front... then you actually DO have a decent dog, hiding at the Dominick's trailer.

ken8038

• Total Posts: 1559
    Re:Dominick's serves a damn fine hot dog... Wed, 05/13/09 11:01 PM (permalink)
    I wasn't sure at all what "Domenicks" was until I saw this post. Now that I've done a little research, I know. (Shows how much of a home handyman I am that I did not know it had any connection to Lowes..)

Anyway, after several futile searches, I cannot come up with any source for a list of exactly which Lowes have a "Dominick's" on site. (forget about the Lowes website, if there's any connection to Lowes and Dominick's it seems like they want to keep it well hidden) Can anyone point me in that direction? Who knows, it might actualy get me over there to start on the dreaded "Honey Do" list.

Mosca

• Total Posts: 2934
      Re:Dominick's serves a damn fine hot dog... Thu, 05/14/09 10:41 AM (permalink)
      Ken, I had the spelling wrong, and the full name is "Dominic's of New York"; without that, you probably won't ever find this page! Sorry, no New Jersey on it, at least yet.

Jim2903

• Total Posts: 232
        Re:Dominick's serves a damn fine hot dog... Thu, 05/14/09 10:44 AM (permalink)
        I was gonna say -- Dominick's is a supermarket chain here in the Chicago area (owned by Safeway), and I've never heard of them serving hot dogs. Thanks for the clarification.

ken8038

• Total Posts: 1559
          Re:Dominick's serves a damn fine hot dog... Thu, 05/14/09 5:45 PM (permalink)
          Mosca, thanks for that link. The Dominic's site makers no mention of Vienna Beef dogs (it does mention "New York Style" hot dogs) unless I missed it. I'm curious why a franchise which makes a big deal of it's "New York" connection (truth be told I've worked in NY City for over 30 years and never heard of Dominic's) would be serving a Vienna Beef hot dog anyway. Then again, they don't specifically say "New York City", but it seems whenever a franchise food operation refers to "New York", that's what they mean.  

PS: Lest anyone make the same stupid mistake I did, when you click on the "menu" to turn the page, nothing happens. You have to click and drag the pages to turn them. (very difficult for me to do using a laptop without a mouse). Why some web sites just can't keep things simple is beyond me. It also seems to take quite a while to load. Just my 2 cents. When and if they come to NJ (or actual NY City) I will be there.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com