Great new pizza in Baltimore area

Author
Greymo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3727
2009/05/18 16:09:19 (permalink)

Great new pizza in Baltimore area

Coal Fire Pizza  has recently opened in Ellicott City, MD.  Our family went there last night and were thrilled to find some really excellent pizza.

This is a small attractive restaurant that looks much more upscale than your average pizza joint.  We had a 15 minute wait for a table so went to the bar and ordered a beer and 2 glasses of Chardonnay  ( which was an unknown name to us) at  $6.50 per glass.  Our evening started out on a bad note as these had to  be the smallest pours that I have ever seen.  It was served in a large balloon glass and I doubt that we were served even four ounces.  I poured my wine into the other serving glass and it looked like it may have been  1/4 of that glass in total.  I pointed this out to our bartender and she said that was their pour and so I told her that we did not want it.  She said that she would talk to the manager about it and I told her not to bother. if that was the pour she was supposed to give, that I would not  question it;  I would just never order wine there again.  We settled for beer.

We were seated in less than 15 minutes and our waitress appeared immediately.  She was excellent;  took orders for beverages for the children  and  for appetizers.  We chose to share one order of their signature  wing dish which was described as baked-in-the-oven wings with thyme, rosemary and fried onions.  It was a large serving and really delicious.  We all loved them.  We ordered our pizzas and saw that there was a choice of  three sauces.  There were  the regular,  the sweet and spicy, and the spicy.  We ordered  the Margarita pizza  (has the regular sauce)  and the  sausage pizza with the sweet and spicy sauce.

We had a long wait but that was fine   The place was very busy  and our waitress was very attentive.  Our pizzas finally came  and they were well worth the wait.  The Margarita  pizza was just  perfect.  It has delicious sauce and delicious cheese and nice fresh basil.  The sausage pizza would have been just as good but the sweet and spicy sauce was too sweet for our tastes. The pizzas were cooked  perfectly with a nice bit of char on the bottom.  We ate every bit  of them.

This is a great place for anyone in the Baltimore area to try if they want some really good  New York style pizza.  We plan to return here  every time we feel in the mood for  pizza.  We just will not order any wine by the glass!

3 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1