Visiting the site of the first ever cheeseburger

Author
jonjax71
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 438
2009/05/18 22:48:25 (permalink)

Visiting the site of the first ever cheeseburger

Now that the Lakers have advanced to the conference finals against the Denver Nuggets, I will be returning to Denver to watch them play games 3 and 4 and take care of two unfinished food related errands left undone during my first ever visit to Denver last August during the DNC.  My wife and I got a tremendous package deal for the 2 games and lodging due to our friendship with a former Laker and Nugget player/coach that we've known since he was a high school standout here in the City of Roses

Item number one is we're going to their  local small  pizza chain that makes Rocky Mountain pizza, see the pizza section for details and a link

Item number two is the site of the former old school hamburger stand that served the first ever cheeseburger back in the mid-1920s, according to legend to satisfy a habitual daily customer who asked to see if they could prepare his hambuger differently to avoid boredom and the cook seeing some cheese slapped a slice of cheese on the burger and voila, the world's first chesseburger. The stand closed down in the late 70s succumbing to the growth of the chain burger joints but there is a plaque to commemorate the occasion and my wife and I want to take a photo standing by the historical marker

She also wants a photo in front of the Molly Brown Mansion-Museum, those 3 thing were left undone duing our last visit.

12 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1