The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

My Smoker Must Die!

Big_Ted

• Total Posts: 186
My Smoker Must Die! Sun, 05/24/09 6:52 PM (permalink)
Having cursed about my smoker all day, somebody will more than likely tell me this is an operator-error issue and that I should learn to do it right. 

I have a CajunKing Smoker, which looks like a black R2D2, has two racks for meat and a pan for drippings/water, plus one that sits on the ground for the coals.  I cannot get it hot enough for anything larger than a piece of chicken and if I do get it hot, the heat will not last. 

I've used charcoal, wood, briquettes.  I've used combonations, various different stacking methods. 

There's chicken quarters on there right now and it looks like I'll have to finish the bird pieces on the grill because I just cannot get enough heat in the stupid thing.  Sure, they'll be smokier than a drunken barfly, but they won't be done.   And leaving chicken for a couple of hours in that kind of environment is a bad idea.  I like not being sick. 

Is this operator error or do I have a POS that needs replacing with something that actually works?  I want to smoke roasts, etc, but as it stands it just ain't happening. 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com