The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Southeastern Indiana Chicken Tour - 30 Great Places for Fried Chicken

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 39 of 39
wheregreggeats.com

Re:Southeastern Indiana Chicken Tour - 31 Great Places for Fried Chicken Tue, 11/2/10 9:31 PM (permalink)
Uncle G.  Welcome to RF.

Uncle Groucho

• Total Posts: 207
    Re:Southeastern Indiana Chicken Tour - 31 Great Places for Fried Chicken Tue, 11/2/10 9:35 PM (permalink)
    Thank you. I have been lurking for a long time!

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15062
      • Roadfood Insider
      Re:Southeastern Indiana Chicken Tour - 31 Great Places for Fried Chicken Wed, 11/3/10 6:41 AM (permalink)
      Uncle G- We must be Floyd County Neighbors. I worked at Ivy Tech for a number of years and enjoyed the Chicken House dinners now and then. We live in the Lanesville-Corydon area. 

I'd add Huber's Family Farm Restaurant in Starlight Indiana to the list of good Hoosier Chicken. We like to take visitors, especially our western friends to Hubers for the ambience as well as the fine chicken and Livers dinners.

And don't forget the LINCOLN INN, over in Warrenton, not far from Evansville. If Lincoln liked the place, it has to be good!!! (UNDER THE SAME MANAGEMENT??    )

• Total Posts: 335
        Re:Southeastern Indiana Chicken Tour - 30 Great Places for Fried Chicken Tue, 03/8/11 3:17 AM (permalink)
        CajunKing

It is offical, you can find great fried chicken in southeastern Indiana.

There now is an offical Southeastern Indiana Fried Chicken Tour that consists of 30 different restaurants around southeastern Indiana.  These restaurants are producing some of THE best chicken.

This tour was created by the promoters of "The Great Chicken Fry Off" and Canoefest in Brookville, Indiana.

Here is the link to CANOEFEST

Canoefest is Indiana's largest canoe race, last yr there were over 200 canoes in the races.

Here are the 31 restaurants:

3 - YE OLDE SHACK
        300 Main St
        Brookville, IN
        765-647-5571

I wanted to take a trip through southeastern Indiana, and Monday's sunny skies presented me with a wonderful opportunity!  I stopped here for lunch and had their three-piece fried chicken meal (they gave me four pieces, oh well).  I thought it was pretty good.  (It took about 25 minutes to prepare, but that was OK!)  The French Fries were awesome, as were my applesauce, corn, and peanut butter pie.

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
          • Roadfood Insider
          Re:Southeastern Indiana Chicken Tour - 30 Great Places for Fried Chicken Sat, 04/30/11 4:27 PM (permalink)
          It is official they have the world record for frying chicken

They set the world record a few years back but then the KFC in Kuwait took the record but at last years canoefest they started with over 2200 lbs and ended up with 1645lbs of fried chicken in one serving a big aluminium canoe

Here is this years website and chicken trail list with over 40 chicken joints

http://canoefest.etczone....en/chickenTrail01.html

Uncle Groucho

• Total Posts: 207
            Re:Southeastern Indiana Chicken Tour - 30 Great Places for Fried Chicken Sat, 04/30/11 4:56 PM (permalink)
            Wow! thats a lot of places I have never heard of. I hope to change that this summer with a couple family road trips. The Chicken Trail, Gotta love it. Thanks for posting.
            Uncle Groucho.

Chicken Trail Rider

• Total Posts: 1
              Re:Southeastern Indiana Chicken Tour - 30 Great Places for Fried Chicken Sun, 05/19/13 1:40 AM (permalink)
              Bad news on this end everyone....  there's no Chicken Trail this year.  :(     A bunch of changes in 2012-13 to the Canoefest Management team has resulted in a giant fumble....and at the root of ALL EVIL....dollars and "sense" (of which the current Canoefest promo team has none)..   The GOOD news is that most of the eateries are still in business...making some pretty good Fried Yardbird.....my personal fav's:
              Cedar Grove Tavern-Cedar Grove, IN (FC on Saturdays only, but their cheeseburgers are great every day)
              Brau Haus-Oldenburg, IN 
              Waggoner's Village Inn-Oldenburg, IN
              Napoleon Tavern-Napolen, IN
              St Leon Tavern-St Leon, IN
              Old Brick Tavern-Penntown, IN
              All good of the above are good representatives....as for the other 25 or so on the original chicken trail....don't waste too much time or money on 'em...  

myterry2

• Total Posts: 526
                Re:Southeastern Indiana Chicken Tour - 30 Great Places for Fried Chicken Sun, 05/19/13 6:00 AM (permalink)
                The Lincoln Inn...just ate there about 10 days ago when in Evansville for a few days...wonderful chicken...everything served family style.

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                  • Roadfood Insider
                  Re:Southeastern Indiana Chicken Tour - 30 Great Places for Fried Chicken Sun, 05/19/13 8:29 PM (permalink)
                  CTR
                  I wondered what happened I havent seen nearly the advertising for canoefest or the chicken trail this year.

I will agree with you on the Cedar Grove Cheeseburgers, they are worth the trip even if the chicken is not on the menu that time.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                    Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 39 of 39

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                    • Read Message
                    • Post New Thread
                    • Reply to message
                    • Post New Poll
                    • Submit Vote
                    • Post reward post
                    • Delete my own posts
                    • Delete my own threads
                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com