Seafood South Of Tallahassee

Author
Beukeboom
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 9
2009/06/08 03:08:10 (permalink)

Seafood South Of Tallahassee

Even though Tallahassee is mere 20-25 miles north of the Gulf of Mexico and several excellent seafood distributors, it's hard to find a good seafood restaurant around here. However south of Tallahassee I recommend the following:

In Panacea, FL I recommend Posey's Up The Creek Steam Room & Oyster Bar which is located on U.S. Hwy 98 (a.k.a. -- Coastal Highway). It's nothing fancy but excellent gumbo and very fresh seafood. Angelo's & Sons just west of Panacea is good but since they reopened (the restaurant suffered severe damage a while back due to a tropical storm) it's not as good as it once was IMHO and rather expensive.

However, a very, very good seafood restaurant that's a little out of the way but well worth the trip is Spring Creek Restaurant which is located on Ben Willis Rd. south of Crawfordville, FL. Either call them for directions or Google map "Ben Willis Rd." It's south of U.S. Hwy 98 and is just a few dozen yards from the Gulf of Mexico.

Speaking of Crawfordville, a nice little restaurant on the north side of town with really fresh seafood (and HUGE homemade desserts as my wife found out). It's called "Forgotten Coast Seafood Shack" and it's right on Crawfordville Highway (U.S. Hwy 319). Very inexpensive with ample portions. Nice atmosphere (it's more than a mere "shack").

9 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1