Slyder's Tavern in Dayton, OH

Author
Soccer862923
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 208
2009/06/08 07:57:27 (permalink)

Slyder's Tavern in Dayton, OH

Recently a poll on activedayton.com has a list going for the best burger in Dayton. Several people in the comments lamented over the fact that Slyder's was not listed and my mom had commented on how good the burger there was as well as seeing numerous reviews on Yelp.com about their "fantastic" burgers.

After hearing so much I knew I had to just check it out. I walked in on a relatively slow Saturday night at around 5:30 pm and bellied up to the bar. It took one of the bartenders long enough to ask me what I wanted and if I needed a menu that I almost just walked out. I decided on a 10 oz cheeseburger with american cheese and all the fixins with an order of onion rings that my mom dearly loved. I was a bit disturbed by the fact that they didn't ask how I wanted it cooked and instead of pressing I figure they must cook them all to a certain degree and considering how beloved the burgers are I should just let it be.

What I ended up experiencing was a very mediocre burger in my opinion. It had an all too large sesame seed bun, and considering it was a 10 oz. burger I found it odd that the bun was too large. The meat seemed rather dried out and flavorless and the fact that the bottom bun never got the least bit soggy, which in my opinion is the sign of a good burger, attested to that. The burger was cooked medium well and it just seemed like overkill, especially for someone who usually orders their burgers medium rare.  The onion rings were alright but I can't say that they were all that outstanding or spectacular like my mom made them out to be.

What a shame for a place that is billed as having the best burger in Dayton and with so many good reviews. Any other's tried their burger? Did I possibly get a bad one or can I get it cooked to order?

20 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1